Food Network: The Next Iron Chef

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
One of my guilty pleasures. :lol:

Anyway, the new season just started and as they introduced the competitors, one VERY familiar face popped out: Chef Ming Tsai. He has been doing cooking shows since 1998, having numerous shows on the Food Network and PBS, plus a myriad of other things on his well-rounded resume.

To me, he has an unfair advantage and is probably quite intimidating to the other contestants. AND...he's already been a challenging chef on Iron Chef going against Bobby Flay and BEATING HIM so he has experience there.

So no big surprise when he wins the week 1 challenge, huh? :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well if they just give it to him, they can't make a nail-biter show out of it. :lol:

Amanda Frietag (I couldn't think of her name last night), who has battled in Kitchen Stadium and judges Chopped, was a Next Iron Chef contestant last year. But I agree that Tsai is a bit of a ringer and will probably be the last chef standing unless he gets over-confident.

I just looked and actually several of the past contestants have competed on Iron Chef.

PJumper

One of my guilty pleasures. :lol:

Anyway, the new season just started and as they introduced the competitors, one VERY familiar face popped out: Chef Ming Tsai. He has been doing cooking shows since 1998, having numerous shows on the Food Network and PBS, plus a myriad of other things on his well-rounded resume.

To me, he has an unfair advantage and is probably quite intimidating to the other contestants. AND...he's already been a challenging chef on Iron Chef going against Bobby Flay and BEATING HIM so he has experience there.

So no big surprise when he wins the week 1 challenge, huh? :lmao:

Love Ming Tsai- simple, classy and uses just about everything. Hardly any waste!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Love Ming Tsai- simple, classy and uses just about everything. Hardly any waste!

Oh, I didn't mean to imply I didn't like him. I've watched him from his first days and have learned a lot. :yay: It just appears to me he's WAY above the other competitors and it's hardly a "fair fight" with him in the mix. :lol:

Amanda Frietag (I couldn't think of her name last night), who has battled in Kitchen Stadium and judges Chopped, was a Next Iron Chef contestant last year. But I agree that Tsai is a bit of a ringer and will probably be the last chef standing unless he gets over-confident.

I just looked and actually several of the past contestants have competed on Iron Chef.

I knew several of the previous Iron Chef contestants had competed on The Next Iron Chef but none are even CLOSE to being as well-known or have the depth of experience Chef Tsai has. A ringer for sure but I will still watch the show just the same. :dye:

But I am just VERY glad that curmudgeonly Jeffrey Steingarten is NOT one of the judges this year. He just plain grated on my nerves. :lol: