Food prices surged 13.1% in July, highest since 1979

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Inflation hits Americans' grocery bills as food prices accelerate

Inflation is crushing the grocery budgets of Americans across the U.S., with food prices accelerating to a new four-decade high in July.

Although the consumer price index, which measures a basket of everyday goods including food, rent and gasoline, came in cooler than expected at 8.5% in July, food prices accelerated further, the Labor Department reported on Wednesday. The food at home category, which tracks the cost of groceries, surged 13.1% over the last year, the most significant increase since March 1979. On a monthly basis, prices jumped 1.4%.

Americans are paying more at the grocery store for a number of items that have climbed considerably in price over the past year. That includes staples like eggs (38%), chicken (16.6%), milk (15.6%), potatoes (13.3%), rice (12.7%) and fresh fruits and vegetables (8.2%).

HemiHauler

Food was up 1.1% in July you dope. The 13.1% value is the one year value. The article correctly post a this out, but since OP has a public school education, she doesn’t know the difference.

:loser:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
ah yes, convincing people of his morally superior position by insulting people

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
8D1785F7-5757-4602-9994-D24E0B452F60.jpeg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oh poor little hemorrhoid got his feels hurt. :poorbaby:

He did not read the article

Americans are paying more at the grocery store for a number of items that have climbed considerably in price over the past year. That includes staples like eggs (38%), chicken (16.6%), milk (15.6%), potatoes (13.3%), rice (12.7%) and fresh fruits and vegetables (8.2%).

[clip]

In another worrisome sign, new data from the Labor Department on Thursday that tracks inflation at the wholesale level showed that food prices climbed higher in July, surging 1% – the fastest increase in four months. That gauge, known as the producer price index, captures price movement before it reaches consumers at the retail level and, therefore, may foreshadow looming price increases for businesses and consumers.

HemiHauler

He did not read the article

[clip]

In another worrisome sign, new data from the Labor Department on Thursday that tracks inflation at the wholesale level showed that food prices climbed higher in July, surging 1% – the fastest increase in four months. That gauge, known as the producer price index, captures price movement before it reaches consumers at the retail level and, therefore, may foreshadow looming price increases for businesses and consumers.

I read the article you dope. IN FACT, my point was the SAME as yours. The lil'tyke's headline was, and I quote:

Food prices surged 13.1% in July, highest since 1979​

Food prices DID NOT surge 13.1% in July.

CPUSA

I read the article you dope. IN FACT, my point was the SAME as yours. The lil'tyke's headline was, and I quote:

Food prices surged 13.1% in July, highest since 1979​

Food prices DID NOT surge 13.1% in July.
So can you point out the part where it says, Up 13.1% from one month ago or are you just HOPING someone like Sappy is too stupid to see that all you are doing is re iterating the point being made in Kyle's post...

Because all you did was confirm the truth of Kyle's post...which, by the way, most of us on here fully understand the post...while your snarky rant, once again, sounds very similar to Joe Biden speaking...hell, did YOU even understand that your jibberish was just another way of saying, "what an insightful article Kyle!! I wished I was capable of finding such informative articles to pass along to our fellow patriots!!"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Because all you did was confirm the truth of Kyle's post...which, by the way, most of us on here fully understand the post...

I saw the headline and went to the article ..... easy peasy

Certain individuals love screaming about headlines attempting to have the discussion either direction .....

I have routinely been accused of saying X which came directly from the headline ...

SamSpade

Typically, when they announce inflation for a given month, they are how much it has risen from the same point A YEAR AGO. If inflation were 10% from month to month for a whole year straight, this country would collapse.

That's not how it's measured.

Nevertheless, both Biden and other White House officials were spiking the football on the news that inflation numbers last month were lower. Biden claimed there was "zero inflation". Umm. No. You DO do year to year numbers, and you can give a number at the end of the year as an average. But all slightly lower monthly inflation numbers mean - it is climbing more slowly. Trust me - if it goes down four tenths of a point every month until the end of the year, the entire year will still be huge and prices will still be higher than they are NOW.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Typically, when they announce inflation for a given month, they are how much it has risen from the same point A YEAR AGO. If inflation were 10% from month to month for a whole year straight, this country would collapse.

yeah there is that as well .....

I must be wrong, but I would not ASSUME the 13% was one MONTHS Growth ....

Like Sapidus ... just trying to score some internet E_Peen points ... my dicks bigger