Food Stamp Households Drop Below 20 Million

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Public shaming, chain gangs, deportation, hangings? Just brain-storming.

People should not be condemned, ridiculed, chastised, denounced, or made to feel guilty for using food stamps. The monetary system used here absolutely guarantees a certain percentage of those who, through no fault of their own, will need it to compensate for the manipulation and expansion of the money supply by accepting food stamps just to survive. It also guarantees forecloses, bankruptcies, homelessness, etc. 100% absolutely guarantees it. There is no way to avoid it. There will always be those, debt based monetary system, economic casualties. It is inherent and designed into our debt based monetary system. More so today than in the past because of many financial protections built into the system have now been eliminated. Peoples economic circumstances can not be blamed, save the loafers.

luvmygdaughters

If I may ...

People should not be condemned, ridiculed, chastised, denounced, or made to feel guilty for using food stamps. The monetary system used here absolutely guarantees a certain percentage of those who, through no fault of their own, will need it to compensate for the manipulation and expansion of the money supply by accepting food stamps just to survive. It also guarantees forecloses, bankruptcies, homelessness, etc. 100% absolutely guarantees it. There is no way to avoid it. There will always be those, debt based monetary system, economic casualties. It is inherent and designed into our debt based monetary system. More so today than in the past because of many financial protections built into the system have now been eliminated. Peoples economic circumstances can not be blamed, save the loafers.

You know what else causes homelessness....drugs, alcoholism, laziness. You know other reasons people get government subsidies...having several children they cant afford to take care of, by various fathers, refusing to better their position by going to free programs to help with job skills, spending money on unnecessary things, like nails, hairweaves, $ 200.00 tennis shoes,. Just to name a few.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You know what else causes homelessness....drugs, alcoholism, laziness. You know other reasons people get government subsidies...having several children they cant afford to take care of, by various fathers, refusing to better their position by going to free programs to help with job skills, spending money on unnecessary things, like nails, hairweaves, $ 200.00 tennis shoes,. Just to name a few.

Not on the scale that a debt based monetary system causes. In addition, it is the very same debt based monetary system that is the root of most societal ills that you mention. The stress of not having enough money. Not having a good enough paying job. Having enough good paying jobs at all. Layoffs. Offshoring of our manufacturing jobs. Companies reducing hours to at or under 29 hours. Companies reducing pay etc etc etc. You can pick and choose at those very low percentage of the population that gets the headline stories further embedding the propaganda that all those that fall on hard time are scofflaws, irresponsible assess, welfare deadbeats, lazy unmotivated do nothings. But that is not the case. Scoff at your own peril when you ignore the real reasons until one day it just might bite you in the ass and then you are the one in the bread line wondering what happened.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If I may ...

Not on the scale that a debt based monetary system causes. In addition, it is the very same debt based monetary system that is the root of most societal ills that you mention. The stress of not having enough money. Not having a good enough paying job. Having enough good paying jobs at all. Layoffs. Offshoring of our manufacturing jobs. Companies reducing hours to at or under 29 hours. Companies reducing pay etc etc etc. You can pick and choose at those very low percentage of the population that gets the headline stories further embedding the propaganda that all those that fall on hard time are scofflaws, irresponsible assess, welfare deadbeats, lazy unmotivated do nothings. But that is not the case. Scoff at your own peril when you ignore the real reasons until one day it just might bite you in the ass and then you are the one in the bread line wondering what happened.

Tell me more about this "debt based monetary system". When did it begin? Who's required to use it? How far into debt must one go? Why?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Tell me more about this "debt based monetary system". When did it begin? Who's required to use it? How far into debt must one go? Why?

If you really want to know ... The most current iteration began in 1913 with the Federal Reserve Act.

[video=youtube;CAYkmutzcrU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAYkmutzcrU[/video]

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Easy access to credit is 1 of the ways that people fall behind financially. I grew up in a household that didn't have a credit card. Other than a vehicle, every purchase was made in cash. Furniture, rugs, you name it, they had to save the money first before the purchase was made. Many people would benefit from this method of spending.

My dad was a member of a suit club at a local clothing store. You put aside a few bucks each month then at the end of the year you got to shop for your work wardrobe. Very similar to a lay away.

SamSpade

Easy access to credit is 1 of the ways that people fall behind financially..

I totally agree.

My only concern is, far too often a credit card is the only way I know to get out of a serious problem, since I almost never have enough cash to cover serious problems.
When I was single - that was fairly easy. I actually had a line in my budget for "unexpected expenses" like a dead battery or a failed furnace.

Once the family arrived, most of my disposable income is nickeled and dimed away by small expenses that never end - new shoes, broken things around the house,
school costs and field trips. While I always have cash for such things - when BIG things hit, the credit card is the only answer.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If I may ...

Though in cartoon style, did the video somewhat explain the answer to your question?

I'm not going to watch a 30 minute cartoon that tells me about a system I'm not required to use. There is no requirement in life to go into debt. But, thanks for answering my questions. :sarcasm:

I grew up with the philosophy that if you can't pay cash for it, you can't afford it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:dingding:

Irresponsibility and poor choices are probably the biggest cause of financial hardship in this country. I'm all for helping people out of a jam, or setting them on the path to a better life, but they have to want that and not just sit on their dumb welfare asses and bitch because they have to take a drug test in order to get their government cheese.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

If I may ...

Lets see, there was a time when I had to take the government handout, subsidized housing. My daughters and I moved into a subsidized apartment. Never got foodstamps or cash assistance. I made to much to qualify for that. You know how long we lived there? 2 years. I worked hard, was promoted and given a salary increase that allowed me to move out of there. Thats what you do. You dont settle into the comfort zone where Uncle Sam is gonna dole out for you and your content to live like that. I'm not saying all people on government assistance are lazy creatures who dont want to work, but, I'd bet my last paycheck the percentage of those who are lazy, drug and alcohol addicted, baby making factories, is quite high!! Another thing is self discipline, if you are on govt. assistance, you can get free/low cost birth control. Does it make any sense that these women and men produce babies they cannot feed, clothe and give proper medical care to? Wouldn't it be easier to just take the damn pill or wear a condom? No, of course not, you dont get more money if you're not producing babies!!!!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Lets see, there was a time when I had to take the government handout, subsidized housing. My daughters and I moved into a subsidized apartment. Never got foodstamps or cash assistance. I made to much to qualify for that. You know how long we lived there? 2 years. I worked hard, was promoted and given a salary increase that allowed me to move out of there. Thats what you do. You dont settle into the comfort zone where Uncle Sam is gonna dole out for you and your content to live like that. I'm not saying all people on government assistance are lazy creatures who dont want to work, but, I'd bet my last paycheck the percentage of those who are lazy, drug and alcohol addicted, baby making factories, is quite high!! Another thing is self discipline, if you are on govt. assistance, you can get free/low cost birth control. Does it make any sense that these women and men produce babies they cannot feed, clothe and give proper medical care to? Wouldn't it be easier to just take the damn pill or wear a condom? No, of course not, you dont get more money if you're not producing babies!!!!

Second child, remove the works. ( Both parents )

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Scoff at your own peril when you ignore the real reasons until one day it just might bite you in the ass and then you are the one in the bread line wondering what happened.

When I was a kid my mom had to get assistance when she went through drunk treatment. She was on for about a year while going to school, then she went on to become a productive citizen who could support us on her own.

When I divorced my husband, I qualified for low income housing, which I lived in for about a year until I could get back on my feet. No welfare or food stamps, but it was still subsidized housing.

That is what the system is intended for: to help people out in times of need. It's not meant to be a way of life, or a tradition you hand down to your kids and grandkids.

I think this is where you're missing the point. Nobody - or at least very few people - are complaining about helping people out; the complaint is when these folks expect their goodies from Uncle Sugar and have no intention of being self-sufficient, continuing their irresponsible lifestyle because there's no incentive to get their chit together.

Hijinx

I totally agree.

My only concern is, far too often a credit card is the only way I know to get out of a serious problem, since I almost never have enough cash to cover serious problems.
When I was single - that was fairly easy. I actually had a line in my budget for "unexpected expenses" like a dead battery or a failed furnace.

Once the family arrived, most of my disposable income is nickeled and dimed away by small expenses that never end - new shoes, broken things around the house,
school costs and field trips. While I always have cash for such things - when BIG things hit, the credit card is the only answer.

Sam you are a pretty smart guy.
If you have a credit card you probably have good credit.
Get a personal loan for big things.
A 2nd. mortgage.

Paying the interest rate the credit cards charge is crazy.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'm not going to watch a 30 minute cartoon that tells me about a system I'm not required to use. There is no requirement in life to go into debt. But, thanks for answering my questions. :sarcasm: I grew up with the philosophy that if you can't pay cash for it, you can't afford it.

And here you really show your ignorance. You are already using it. Have been your entire life. Everyone in the entire Nation is using it. While there is no requirement to go into debt, even if you have no personal debt, you are still paying for someone else's debt. What do you think taxes are for? County, State, Federal, each level has, and continues to take, loans out against your, and everyone else's, name. You pay that debt. So watch it, don't watch it. I could give a sh*t. But until you understand what truly is happening, all your comments are mute because they do not take into account the real reasons behind things.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

:dingding: Irresponsibility and poor choices are probably the biggest cause of financial hardship in this country. I'm all for helping people out of a jam, or setting them on the path to a better life, but they have to want that and not just sit on their dumb welfare asses and bitch because they have to take a drug test in order to get their government cheese.

Maybe a very, very, low percentage. The main culprit, without a doubt, is our fiat debt money system.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I totally agree. My only concern is, far too often a credit card is the only way I know to get out of a serious problem, since I almost never have enough cash to cover serious problems.
When I was single - that was fairly easy. I actually had a line in my budget for "unexpected expenses" like a dead battery or a failed furnace. Once the family arrived, most of my disposable income is nickeled and dimed away by small expenses that never end - new shoes, broken things around the house, school costs and field trips. While I always have cash for such things - when BIG things hit, the credit card is the only answer.

Again, the system is designed for this to happen, to keep people in perpetual debt. You can try to live without taking loans or using credit cards, but inflation always eats away at the dollar's purchasing power and at times, no matter how frugal one is, will need to borrow to get by. It is not yours, or anyone's personal fault or failure if this happens to them.