Food Stamp Households Drop Below 20 Million

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If I may ...

And here you really show your ignorance. You are already using it. Have been your entire life. Everyone in the entire Nation is using it. While there is no requirement to go into debt, even if you have no personal debt, you are still paying for someone else's debt. What do you think taxes are for? County, State, Federal, each level has, and continues to take, loans out against your, and everyone else's, name. You pay that debt. So watch it, don't watch it. I could give a sh*t. But until you understand what truly is happening, all your comments are mute because they do not take into account the real reasons behind things.

Of course I'm using it, but I'm not required to use it. This is where you're showing your ignorance. You don't know me, and you don't know what my finances have been like throughout my life, or my parents, or my grandparents. Right now, I can honestly say, I could live just fine without a credit card. I think it's sad that you think you have no options. And for the record, if I'm living off the government, there's a good chance I'm not paying income taxes. If I'm working under the table, I'm not paying income taxes. People get around that every day. You obviously live in a bubble.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The main culprit, without a doubt, is our fiat debt money system.

You sound like JPC.

There is no such thing as a "debt system". People *choose* to live beyond their means and go into debt; the government doesn't make you do that, nor does society.

I have zero debt, and it's been that way for years. When I had a house payment, that was the only debt I had. I put everything on my credit card - I have only one - and pay it off each month.

luvmygdaughters

While there is no requirement to go into debt, even if you have no personal debt, you are still paying for someone else's debt. What do you think taxes are for?

This is what we've been saying....I am paying for someone else's food, medical care, children, shelter, etc. This same person does not work, therefore, does not contribute their fair share by paying taxes or pay back the debt they have incurred on my dime, thus, I am paying for someone else's debt. In the mean time, I am working, paying my own bills, paying taxes, and yes, credit card bills. I have not defaulted on the bills and am contributing to our economy.:duh:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Of course I'm using it, but I'm not required to use it. This is where you're showing your ignorance. You don't know me, and you don't know what my finances have been like throughout my life, or my parents, or my grandparents. Right now, I can honestly say, I could live just fine without a credit card. I think it's sad that you think you have no options. And for the record, if I'm living off the government, there's a good chance I'm not paying income taxes. If I'm working under the table, I'm not paying income taxes. People get around that every day. You obviously live in a bubble.

You do not understand what debt is. Every dollar in your pocket, every dollar in your bank account, every dollar in your retirement account is representative of debt. There isn't a dollar bill in circulation, in a bank or retirement account, anywhere, that is not a product of a loan. It is all debt. You may not have personal debt, but you are paying the debt taken on by governments regardless if you pay income taxes. Every government revenue source is a defacto tax that goes into a general fund that, in part, is used to pay debt.

You sound like JPC. There is no such thing as a "debt system". People *choose* to live beyond their means and go into debt; the government doesn't make you do that, nor does society. I have zero debt, and it's been that way for years. When I had a house payment, that was the only debt I had. I put everything on my credit card - I have only one - and pay it off each month.
See above. The Federal Reserve System is "that" debt based money system. It does in fact exist. The vast majority of people don't choose to live beyond their means, but are forced to choose to do so because they are being presured from both sides of the economic coin, low wages and increases in prices of everything.

While there is no requirement to go into debt, even if you have no personal debt, you are still paying for someone else's debt. What do you think taxes are for?
This is what we've been saying....I am paying for someone else's food, medical care, children, shelter, etc. This same person does not work, therefore, does not contribute their fair share by paying taxes or pay back the debt they have incurred on my dime, thus, I am paying for someone else's debt. In the mean time, I am working, paying my own bills, paying taxes, and yes, credit card bills. I have not defaulted on the bills and am contributing to our economy.:duh:

All these programs exist because of our Nation's monetary system. The propaganda of the media fouls everyone's thought process blaming those that use these programs. While yes, there are those that abuse, (the ones touted ad nauseam in the media), the vast majority do not. This is to keep people ignorant of the real causation. Plus, it makes people feel good to ridicule someone at their expense while the person doing the ridiculing thinks of themselves as so much better, better off, smarter, that it can't happen to them, etc.

Wake the f*ck up people, you are not special or smarter. Take the time to read about it. The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve If you give a sh*t at all about this Nation and its people. We all have been f*cked royally by those we elect.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

And another thing .....

I do not disagree with your sentiments. I was raised the same way, to be independent, self reliant, and to try to not accept charity. Pay my bills on time. Not take on unmanageable debt, etc.. And these really applied and worked before the decoupling of the dollar from gold in 1971. Prior to 1971, even though still in a fiat debt based money system, those who fell to the wayside were far fewer than today. There were tighter controls in place to ensure that loans were given to those who could repay them. Credit cards were in their infancy, if at all, and, were mainly given from merchants only, such as Sears, also known as installment payments back then. And while those sentiments still apply, to a certain degree today, the money supply expansion, known as inflation, has enormously affected every aspect of this Nation's economy and its people and cannot really be judged the same. Before 1971, it took only one person from a family to work to support the family, and live comfortably and have a decent retirement income. After, both now have to work with many having two or more jobs each, just to have the same standard of living as was prior to 1971, and, with no retirement, or very little, requiring continued work well into old age. Things have changed drastically for families, through no fault of their own. Everything is out of wack, and you can feel it yourselves. But you just can't seem to put your finger on the problem. Right? And this is the insidiousness of the current money system.

It happens so slowly, until one day you wake up and realize things have changed, and yet, can't figure out why. You know things are different, you can feel it, but are left scratching your head in wonder. There's more fighting. Divisiveness. Turmoil. Distrust. Hostility. Where your income, even with modest raises over the years, once provided everything you needed and wanted, now does not. You didn't change your behaviors, did you? No. So you cut back on spending because you just can't afford it now, and, you really didn't want that thing anyway, or to take that trip. Until one day, after all the cutting back, to where you can't cut back anymore, you might think to yourself, well geez, maybe we should take out a home equity loan to help us out and get us through this rough patch? Or, you start to use credit cards to purchase things you need, lacking the cash in hand for. Still, now, your sentiments, your work ethic, your morals, haven't changed. You are still the same good person. And here you are, through no fault of your own, on the road to financial disaster whether you know it or not. Where your one job was sufficient, now you consider taking on a second. Your health is affected. Your marriage strained. You might start to drink more than usual, or take something else, to get through the day. To diminish the stains of a now harder life. This is exactly what has happened, is happening, to millions and millions of people and families across this Nation. Through no fault of their own. Good people scraping bottom, through no fault of their own.

So, please, before you condemn others for perceived failings, learn about how our fiat debt based money system works. The real cause all of these problems.