Foodie Call

BernieP

Resident PIA
Salmon? What are the sides?
Well if you look at the strainer I had a turnip, beets, sweet potato (yam), and Swish Chard.
The beet greens got cooked with the chard, the beets, turnip and potatoes were cubed and roasted.
The greens got cooked with the salmon (with fresh garlic). The salmon was more or less poached. Wild, Alaskan Salmon.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Army Fare ...... Dehydrated Pork Patty - Ramen - Cheese Spread Pack ...... poor mans Hamburger Helper
Poor mans tuna cassarole:
Cheap box of mac and cheese
Can of tuna (drained)
Can of peas (drained)

This was a staple at my buddy's palace back in the 80s. He had to save his cash to make sure the beer fridge was always fully stocked.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Poor mans tuna cassarole:
Cheap box of mac and cheese
Can of tuna (drained)
Can of peas (drained)

This was a staple at my buddy's palace back in the 80s. He had to save his cash to make sure the beer fridge was always fully stocked.
Mom didn't use mac and cheeese. Just the mac and some homemade tomato sauce. Friday night dinner. No meat.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That's the only fish I could tolerate - that and fish sticks with lots of ketchup. We had roe one night - have you ever eaten that? Absolutely disgusting.
Roe for rich people is called caviar. Not in large quantities and not by itself. As "caviar" on toast or cracker, as roe, as part of sushi.
To this day I cannot tolerate canned tuna. If someone makes tuna casserole or tuna salad, I can eat it but it has to have a lot of "sauce".
Nothing like just tuna dumped on rather dry pasta.. But hey, it was fish on Friday. That and my snark made me a bad catholic

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Hot tuna fish. :barf:
:high5:

Finally! I have never seen anybody say that they hated hot tuna fish!! I can't eat that to save my life!! :lmao:

Granted, I am not a big fish eater. However, I do like some fish prepared certain ways.I just cannot eat fish mixed in dishes with other things. i.e.; shrimp scampi or tuna noodle casserole (bleck!) or any type of seafood mixed with rice or pasta with a tomato sauce on it.
😳