Foodie Call

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A third of women only date men because of the free food: study

The results are in: she only wanted to try that hot new restaurant.

A new study published Friday in the Society for Personality and Social Psychology journal found that a quarter to a third of heterosexual women have gone on a date with a guy they weren’t interested in — just for a free meal.

“Foodie calls,” can happen when money’s tight, the grocery store is out of a favorite frozen meal, or a must-try entree is just too extravagant to justify — when the tab comes out of your own bank account.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Foodie calls: Dating for a free meal (rather than a relationship)

When it comes to getting a date, there's any number of ways people can present themselves and their interests. One of the newer phenomena is a "foodie call" where a person sets up a date with someone they are not romantically interested in, for the purpose of getting a free meal. New research finds that 23 -- 33% of women in an online study say they've engaged in a "foodie call."

Upon further analysis, the social and personality psychology researchers found that women who scored high on the "dark triad" of personality traits (i.e., psychopathy, Machiavellianism, narcissism), as well as expressed traditional gender role beliefs, were most likely to engage in a foodie call and find it acceptable.

The research, by Brian Collisson, Jennifer Howell, and Trista Harig of Azusa Pacific University and UC Merced, appears in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science.
In the first study, 820 women were recruited, with 40% reporting they were single, 33% married, and 27% saying they were in a committed relationship but not married. Out of them, 85% said they were heterosexual, and they were the focus for this study.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To recap:

He's interested in her.
She clearly does not return that interest.
He dangles a meal as bait.
She bites.
He gets mad because she's only there for the food.

Let's get real:

A subcat of men aren't there for the relationship, either; they're there to have a trophy on their arm. They chase a woman based solely on her looks and will put up with an infinite amount of poor behavior on her part because of the package. On some level they have to know she's using them, but aren't they using her as well? So let's call that a win-win.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I've had so-so luck with a Swanson TV dinner and a bouquet of Dandylions.

MiddleGround

To recap:

He's interested in her.
She clearly does not return that interest.
He dangles a meal as bait.
She bites.
He gets mad because she's only there for the food.

Actually, it probably goes something like this:

He's interested in her
She initially returns the interest
He offers a meal for their meet up
She suggests a place she wants to go
They both meet up and he pays the check
She never offers to meet again since the purpose was to visit the place she suggested (and have him pay)
He gets mad because she's was only there for the food.

A subcat of men aren't there for the relationship, either; they're there to have a trophy on their arm. They chase a woman based solely on her looks and will put up with an infinite amount of poor behavior on her part because of the package. On some level they have to know she's using them, but aren't they using her as well? So let's call that a win-win.

This is definitely true however, not as a part of the story being told in the OP

This type of "foodie calls" is rampant in the app dating world. Not-so-close friend of mine says he has been on several app dates where the woman has done this. It is also very evident (and biased heavily towards woman being the foodie callers) via online rants and stories.

MiddleGround

Research shows 100% of heterosexual men only date women so they can get some.

:lmao: This may be true but, at least that 100% is willing to put some effort, time, and cash into getting there.

These foodie call chicks just want the free meal and then they bolt....

lucky_bee

RBF expert
:lmao: This may be true but, at least that 100% is willing to put some effort, time, and cash into getting there.

These foodie call chicks just want the free meal and then they bolt....

No...no men do not!! :killingme some think a glance their way entitles them to some strange. I'd say the men willing to put forth the effort is closer to maybe 55%. And this goes for women too, both are at fault for being so casual and vague about dating. I'm SO glad I don't have to deal with the this scene anymore. It was awful! Noone tries at anything anymore. Both sexes are awful.

But still, I've yet to ever meet any of these foodie chicks. I really think it's just guys deciding that's what the woman was doing: eating and running, when in reality, she met you for dinner and decided it wasn't going to work out and never contacted you again. 🤷 but if calling her a foodie chick makes your ego feel better, so be it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A distinction would need to be made between the ones that actually finished their entire dinner vs the ones the climbed through a restroom window between the appetizer and entree.

MiddleGround

No one tries at anything anymore. Both sexes are awful.

Agreed

But still, I've yet to ever meet any of these foodie chicks. I really think it's just guys deciding that's what the woman was doing: eating and running, when in reality, she met you for dinner and decided it wasn't going to work out and never contacted you again. 🤷 but if calling her a foodie chick makes your ego feel better, so be it.

Just because you don't know any doesn't mean they aren't out there. :lmao:

I have never talked to a guy who thinks "a glance their way entitles them to some strange" but, I bet they are out there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A distinction would need to be made between the ones that actually finished their entire dinner vs the ones the climbed through a restroom window between the appetizer and entree.
And leave behind good nommies?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Foodie calls: Dating for a free meal (rather than a relationship)

When it comes to getting a date, there's any number of ways people can present themselves and their interests. One of the newer phenomena is a "foodie call" where a person sets up a date with someone they are not romantically interested in, for the purpose of getting a free meal. New research finds that 23—33% of women in an online study say they've engaged in a "foodie call."

Upon further analysis, the social and personality psychology researchers found that women who scored high on the "dark triad" of personality traits (i.e., psychopathy, Machiavellianism, narcissism), as well as expressed traditional gender role beliefs, were most likely to engage in a foodie call and find it acceptable.

The research, by Brian Collisson, Jennifer Howell, and Trista Harig of Azusa Pacific University and UC Merced, appears in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science.

In the first study, 820 women were recruited, with 40% reporting they were single, 33% married, and 27% saying they were in a committed relationship but not married. Out of them, 85% said they were heterosexual, and they were the focus for this study.