Football Pool Question

dawn

if you have a football pool and there are some empty spots left on the grid, what would you suggest to be done if the empty spot becomes the winner of the quarter?

Spilt it amongst the other quarter winners, do a drawing among the other players, give it the winner of the next quarter?

Suggestions please....

Also, how is it done, is it winner every quarter 1,2,3 and (exclude 4th quarter) then final score or is it winner every quarter 1, 2, 3, 4 with no worries about final score?

:confused:

D

dems4me

if you have a football pool and there are some empty spots left on the grid, what would you suggest to be done if the empty spot becomes the winner of the quarter?

Spilt it amongst the other quarter winners, do a drawing among the other players, give it the winner of the next quarter?

Suggestions please....

Also, how is it done, is it winner every quarter 1,2,3 and (exclude 4th quarter) then final score or is it winner every quarter 1, 2, 3, 4 with no worries about final score?

Roll it over to the next quarter? I'll email a revised one. I have a coworker getting a square. :biggrin:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Suggestions please....

2nd question first: the 4th quarter score will equal the final score, barring overtime :lol: If there is OT, then the 4th quarter score is the last score you count, as I recall.

If an empty spot is the winner of a quarter, it is your discretion, but I would split it between the other winners :shrug: (like, if you have a total pot of 100 dollars, then instead of 25 per quarter, it would be like...what, 33 a quarter?)
Hope that helps :yay:

EDIT: I think I was in a pool once where they did as Dems said and rolled it to the next quarter...that's another option I'd say :yay:

dawn

2nd question first: the 4th quarter score will equal the final score, barring overtime :lol: If there is OT, then the 4th quarter score is the last score you count, as I recall.

If an empty spot is the winner of a quarter, it is your discretion, but I would split it between the other winners :shrug: (like, if you have a total pot of 100 dollars, then instead of 25 per quarter, it would be like...what, 33 a quarter?)
Hope that helps :yay:

EDIT: I think I was in a pool once where they did as Dems said and rolled it to the next quarter...that's another option I'd say :yay:

:lol: I know the 4th is the final score, but I was saying if there was overtime, then who would be the winner...the fourth quarter numbers or the overtime numbers? :confused:

I was thinking the same thing, that split it amongst the winners of the other quarters if a empty square wins.

:stupid: I decided to get the pool going at 11 this morning and we are a very SMALL office, so we have some blanks left :doh:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

:lol: I know the 4th is the final score, but I was saying if there was overtime, then who would be the winner...the fourth quarter numbers or the overtime numbers? :confused:

I was thinking the same thing, that split it amongst the winners of the other quarters if a empty square wins.

:stupid: I decided to get the pool going at 11 this morning and we are a very SMALL office, so we have some blanks left :doh:

:shrug: How much are you charging? If it's cheap enough then I'd buy a spot to help fill it up for you :lol: (well, if you're close enough to give you the money).

OT shouldn't matter, I don't think, just the first 4 quarters :yay:

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
:shrug: How much are you charging? If it's cheap enough then I'd buy a spot to help fill it up for you :lol: (well, if you're close enough to give you the money).

The one I'm doing at work we pay 1st, 2ed, 3ed, and final. So if it goes into overtime, the 4th doesn't pay out. It will be the final score that pays.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

The one I'm doing at work we pay 1st, 2ed, 3ed, and final. So if it goes into overtime, the 4th doesn't pay out. It will be the final score that pays.

Interesting. Well, there ya go. :lol: That's from someone who actually knows what his company's doing....I usually just give my money to someone else for their company's pool, and I've never won so I don't know how those ones have worked :killingme

dawn

Thank you! That is what my husband said too!

dawn

I think you are far away. We are in charles county and its 5 a block

Thank you though, that was nice of you to offer

dawn

Not a problem. Hopefully you can get a few more before the big game :yahoo:

we have 14 blanks, not too bad and if a Blank wins, then the other winners spilt the money. funny thing.... one of the X is on 0/0 watch no score 1st quarter. lol