5. dems4me (171)
6. DoWhat (168)**
7. Larry Gude (168)**
8. Tilted (165)
9. JollyRoger (164)
10. Pete (163)
11. kom526 (161)
12. nachomama (159)

**DoWhat and Larry Gude tied in points scored (168), number of fivers (10), and total raw score (128-128), so I did a coin toss. Larry was heads, DoWhat was tails, tails won. Seed 6... :lol:

WILDCARD ROUND
- Picks must be PM’d to me by midnight Friday (PM only, please). I’ll post all of them once I receive them. Late picks = elimination.
- Click the attachment below to see the competition bracket. Top four seeds have byes, but will still need to make picks like the rest (for tiebreaker purpose).
- You have 8 picks to make (four team picks and four total points scored over/under the listed total). After making your eight picks, assign a weight to each of them from eight (your most confident pick) down to one (your least confident pick). 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 weights must all be assigned. All I need is your team picks, your overs/unders for the listed score, and the weight you assigned to each.

Line for Wildcard Round 1:

Favorite......Line......Underdog......Total Points

Bengals……..-3………Jets……………….34.5
Cowboys…….-4………Eagles……………45
Patriots………-3.5……Ravens…………. 43.5
Cardinals…..-2.5……Packers…………..47.5

Best of luck to you all… :buddies:

2009 Playoff bracket Jets.jpg

Rael

Supper's Ready
I know it's still early, but I'd like to make sure all those who are in acknowledge they're in (even if holding off picks until Friday).

Could those who haven't picked yet just let me know if you're in (here or pm is fine)? TIA.

:buddies:

D

dems4me

I know it's still early, but I'd like to make sure all those who are in acknowledge they're in (even if holding off picks until Friday).

Could those who haven't picked yet just let me know if you're in (here or pm is fine)? TIA.

Rael

Supper's Ready
I'm here. Now I just have to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. :lol:

Apologies if it's confusing.

Favorite......Line......Underdog......Total Points
Bengals……..-3………Jets……………….34.5
Cowboys…….-4………Eagles……………45
Patriots………-3.5……Ravens…………. 43.5
Cardinals…..-2.5……Packers…………..47.5

Example of an answer.
The four teams I'm picking to beat the line are:
Bengals
Cowboys
Patriots
Cardinals

In the Bengals/Jets game, I'm guessing the total points scored in this game will be more than 34.5 (this means 'Over')
In the Cowboys/Eagles game, I'm guessing the total points scored in this game will be less than 45 (this means 'Under')
In the Patriots/Ravens game, I'm guessing the total points scored in this game will be more than 43.5 (Over)
In the Cardinals/Packers game, I'm guessing the total points scored in this game will be less than 47.5 (Under)

Game 1 team pick - Bengals
Game 1 total points scored - Over
Game 2 team pick - Cowboys
Game 2 - total points scored - Under
Game 3 team pick - Patriots
Game 3 total points scored - Over
Game 4 team pick - Cardinals
Game 4 total points scored - Under

Now I'm going to rank all eight of these picks from 8 (my most confident pick) down to 1 (my least confident pick):

Bengals (7)
Over (2)
Cowboys (3)
Under (6)
Patriots (5)
Over (8)
Cardinals (1)
Under (4)

Hope that helps.

Rael - I'm sorry that you had to spend time going through that explanation as a result of my being inconsiderate.

My comment was really just mocking my habit of procrastinating. My point wasn't that I hadn't understood what I needed to do, but rather that I was waiting until the last second to read about what I needed to do. Looking back at it, I can see where that would have been easy to miss, and thus you'd feel it was your duty, as the person taking care of things, to further explain it. Anyway, that's my fault - it was a foreseeable consequence of my glibness. Sincere apologies - and thanks again for your efforts.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Rael - I'm sorry that you had to spend time going through that explanation as a result of my being inconsiderate.

My comment was really just mocking my habit of procrastinating. My point wasn't that I hadn't understood what I needed to do, but rather that I was waiting until the last second to read about what I needed to do. Looking back at it, I can see where that would have been easy to miss, and thus you'd feel it was your duty, as the person taking care of things, to further explain it. Anyway, that's my fault - it was a foreseeable consequence of my glibness. Sincere apologies - and thanks again for your efforts.

I was thinking my wording in the original post might have been unclear. There were a couple of others who were a little confused by it, so I thought it would benefit all to post something more in depth.

Rael

Supper's Ready
I don't understand what "underdog" means.

Can you give me a lengthy explanation Rael?:biggrin:

:lol:

The Giants (and maybe us Giants fans, too) deserve all of the smack talk they get for this year. Underdog is an understatement from their performance in '09. I know we've heard this statement before, but there's always next year. :lol:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Wildcard Round 1 Picks...

Well, here they are. Regular season points are next to each player's name in the event there are any ties this round.

Good luck, all.

2009 Wildcard Round Picks.jpg

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Wow you did an awesome job on that Rael. Nice touch with the Southern Maryland Online logo. I'm impressed.

I would like to wish Larry good luck in the first round.

(Next year that is, a bushel barrel full of horseshoes couldn't help him this year.)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I would like to wish Larry good luck in the first round.

(Next year that is, a bushel barrel full of horseshoes couldn't help him this year.)

Unlimited talk is $39.99 a month if you get the family plan. Unlimited text and data is another $5 each.

:duel: