Football Ticket advice

puggymom

I am thinking about getting hubby tickets for a Miami game for his bday. Is it better to sit higher up (section 400s, row 1) but close at the 50 yard line or in the lower sections but in various locations around the field?

C

czygvtwkr

I am thinking about getting hubby tickets for a Miami game for his bday. Is it better to sit higher up (section 400s, row 1) but close at the 50 yard line or in the lower sections but in various locations around the field?

I've always thought there was nothing wrong with sitting high up, what sucks is endzone.

Beta

Smile!
400s/50 is a great view of the field, but obviously you're a little removed from the game. If you sit on the sidelines somewhere down low, you're more in the "action" when they're on your side of the field, but you're missing out a little when they're on the other end.

The upper level stuff is typically a little cheaper, plus it takes longer to get to, but plenty of people like that. It just depends on your mood...it can all work. I've even sat endzone before and it's not terrible, but your view is probably better from home. Then again, being AT the game and in the atmosphere trumps TV every time for the real fan.

Are you looking at going to Sun Life stadium, or one of their road games up this way?

Beta

Smile!
At Sunlife

Awesome.

I used to have a friend with season tickets in the 100s, end zone corner about ~10 rows back (right by where a Miami Phinatic used to sit that always got on TV for his signs). As far as the view went, you probably can't get much worse if they're not in your endzone. BUT we had a blast every game.

I believe Sun Life has an escalator to the 400 level, but it's usually packed, so walking is up is probably easier. And the amenities (if you're getting food or whatever) are a little nicer on the 100s. But if the tickets are cheaper and he's someone that prefers a good view, go for the 400s/50 idea. You can't really go wrong. Either way he'll be happy. Great present! :yay:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

I might be late to this, but IMO, anything higher than mid 300s is not worth it. My preference would be high 200s. If you are in the lower level 100 section, mot people stand up the entire game and your vantage point isn't very good.

Beta

Smile!
I might be late to this, but IMO, anything higher than mid 300s is not worth it. My preference would be high 200s. If you are in the lower level 100 section, mot people stand up the entire game and your vantage point isn't very good.

wrong stadium :huggy: she's talking about Sun Life down in Miami. They don't have a 300s section. The 300s at FedEx appear to be the lower 400s at Sun Life, so basically the same idea. Are the 200s at FedEx the club seats, like they are at Sun Life? Those are nice in both stadiums :cool:

Chris0nllyn

wrong stadium :huggy: she's talking about Sun Life down in Miami. They don't have a 300s section. The 300s at FedEx appear to be the lower 400s at Sun Life, so basically the same idea. Are the 200s at FedEx the club seats, like they are at Sun Life? Those are nice in both stadiums :cool:

The 300's at FedEx field is the "Club Level".

I personally would never go to a game without being close.

I'ma Buccaneers fan, and went to Tamp for a game. Got 100 level tix and sat right near the lock room entrance. One of, if not, the best stadium I've ever been to.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I got that she was talking about a Miami game... in Miami. I was just using a general "rule of thumb" when I'm looking for tickets to games, concerts, etc. Although, if it is a concert I want to be on the floor.

Midnightrider

for football games the closer the better. Sitting in the endzone can be very exciting, and if the game happens to be played at the other end of the field, you are still there and close to the action.
Upper deck seats are fine, but if its a rare thing i would get as close as possible.

every seat in the house will have its advantages and disadvantages, you just need to decide what is more important, seeing the entire field and watching plays develop (like in the upper deck) or feeling like you are part of the action but not having a great persective when they are at the far end of the field.