For 1 in 16 US women, first sexual intercourse experience was rape, study says

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Researchers based their analysis on an annual survey by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which asked women ages 18 to 44 if they chose to have sex for the first time. Of the respondents who answered no, sometimes reporting multiple types of coercion, about 56% described being verbally pressured, 46% said they were held down and 25% said they were physically harmed.

“Any sexual encounter (with penetration) that occurs against somebody’s will is rape. If somebody is verbally pressured into having sex, it’s just as much rape,” said lead author Laura Hawks, an internist and Harvard Medical School researcher.

Among the 6.5% of respondents who indicated their first experience was rape, they said it happened at age 15 on average and the man was often several years older.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...exual-experience-women-rape-study/2347264001/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
1 in 16 sounds high. Then you crunch the numbers and it's, what, 6%? That doesn't sound as alarming. And then there's this:

56% described being verbally pressured

and

If somebody is verbally pressured into having sex, it’s just as much rape

#1, teenage boys trying to talk girls out of their pants is as old as time. I'm curious what they consider "pressure"?

#2, which might really be #1, verbal pressure is NOT! rape and I don't care what those man-hating nutters say. Any woman who has been held down, beaten, and forced to have sex would surely tell you it's much different than some guy you're dating trying to talk his way to home plate.

I get so tired of this "rape culture" bullshit. I am 55 years old and women have been sexually liberated my whole entire life. We had sex because we wanted to, and now these regressives are trying to pretend it's some Handmaid's Tale fantasy where men are making us lose our virtue :drama:

BOP

The late, unlamented - at least I think she's dead; every picture I ever saw of her, she looked dead - Andrea "thar she blows" Dworkin once said "heterosexual sex is rape," so there's that. Just say no to sex. It's not only too complicated, but it's too fraught with peril, for women up front, and for men afterward.

Smokey1

The late, unlamented - at least I think she's dead; every picture I ever saw of her, she looked dead - Andrea "thar she blows" Dworkin once said "heterosexual sex is rape," so there's that. Just say no to sex. It's not only too complicated, but it's too fraught with peril, for women up front, and for men afterward.

Another feminist hero, Catherine McKinnon, famously stated that its rape whenever a woman feels bad about having sex after the fact.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Rape is a horrible crime and I hate it that the Left has diminished the impact it has on victims. REAL victims, not "Oh he whistled at me! I was raped!" Out of all the disgusting things these people do, this might be the worst.

Another feminist hero, Catherine McKinnon, famously stated that its rape whenever a woman feels bad about having sex after the fact.
And that is complete bullcrap! Which is it.... "Women are in control of themselves, their bodies and make their own decisions! Stay out of our bedrooms and doctor's offices!" or "Women are meak, weak, and easily bullied and the government should protect us from ourselves!" Can't FU**ING HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
In addition to diluting "rape"...
...the Left has diminished the impact...
...of a whole slew of serious things as to render them meaningless. All their ______phobias, the incessant labeling of everyone as "racist," etc.

It's tiresome, but that's a "personal problem." To everyone's detriment it's killing civil and civic society.

--- End of line (MCP)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Rape is a horrible crime and I hate it that the Left has diminished the impact it has on victims. REAL victims, not "Oh he whistled at me! I was raped!" Out of all the disgusting things these people do, this might be the worst.

In addition to diluting "rape"... of a whole slew of serious things as to render them meaningless. All their ______phobias, the incessant labeling of everyone as "racist," etc.

:yay: They've rendered "racist" meaningless.

Whenever I hear the word now it's just... "Yeah, yeah! you got nothing."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:yay: They've rendered "racist" meaningless.

Whenever I hear the word now it's just... "Yeah, yeah! you got nothing."

It's getting that way with "rape", too. And "feminist" groups are the ones perpetuating it, which is just mindboggling.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Media Trumpets Study Claiming That All ‘Unwanted’ Sex Is Rape. That Is Insane And Dangerous. Here's Why.

There is quite a lot going on in these few paragraphs. First, NPR misquotes the study's findings. The average age of most "victims" was actually 15.6 and the average age of the "assailant" was six years older, which would make him 21 rather than 27. More to the point, "verbal pressure" has been lumped together with physical force. Dr. Laura Hawks, the primary author of the study, broadens rape to include "any sexual encounter that's unwanted." The "or" in the phrase "unwanted or nonconsensual" makes it clear that a sexual act could be in every sense consensual — meaning, both partners actively and affirmatively agree to participate in it — and yet rape still may have occurred.

This is madness.

Traditionally, rape hinges entirely on consent. The Department of Justice defines it with precise detail: "The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim."

Now, it is understood that verbal consent is not always legitimate consent. A child is not capable of consenting, no matter what they say, because they lack the psychological and emotional faculties to make that sort of decision. For a similar reason, you cannot get consent by drugging someone. That's one of the reasons why "unwanted" does not and cannot enter into the definition of rape. A rapist cannot be excused by arguing that the victim really "wanted it." The only question we need to ask is this: Did you have sex with someone who did not or could not consent? If so, you're a rapist. If not, you aren't.

mitzi

I get so tired of this "rape culture" bullshit. I am 55 years old and women have been sexually liberated my whole entire life. We had sex because we wanted to, and now these regressives are trying to pretend it's some Handmaid's Tale fantasy where men are making us lose our virtue

:yay: I agree!

SamSpade

And weren't we all? Hell, back in the day it was an insult if the guy didn't even try. WTH is wrong with women today??

I have to admit, on several occasions when I was younger, my date insisted on taking my hand(s) and firmly planting them where she wanted them to be - once as a teenager, my date was FURIOUS I didn't try for a goodnight kiss, and grabbed me by the ears to make sure it happened.