For anyone intereseted - February 4th is National Wear Red day for Women.

K

Katie

For anyone interested - February 4th is National Wear Red day for Women.

Join the Movement!
February 4 is National Wear Red Day for Women.

Wear Red to show that you have joined the movement to take charge of your heart health and live a longer, stronger life. Help raise awareness that heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women and empower the women who are important in your life by sharing how they to can reduce their risk.

1. Join the movement! Go to Americanheart.org/red or call 1-888-my-heart and receive a free red dress pin.

2. MOVE! Step or jog in place for fifteen minutes a day while you are watching TV, talking on the phone or taking a lunch break.

3. Keep raw veggies and fruit in front of your fridge, and keep unhealthy foods hidden way.

4. Schedule a checkup with your healthcare professional, and follow her recommendations for taking prescribed medications.

5. Support life-saving heart research and education by purchasing designated products from supporting companies. To learn more about these companies, visit our website at americanheart.org

YOU have the power to live a longer, stronger life!
GO Red the color for women and heart disease – make it your color to!!

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kain99

Hey! I wore red yesterday! Slept in my red t-shirt and still have it on! Maybe I'll just go for broke, sleep in it again and wake up prepared! :lmao: :kiss:

ylexot

Super Genius
Great, now we're going to hear "she's wearing the same dress/shirt/whatever as me!" all day tomorrow. Good thing there aren't many women in my office. :lol:

D

dems4me

We are doing something similar here in our office tomorrow. We pay $5.00 and can actually wear jeans (with a collared shirt, dress shirt or sweater and no tennis shoes)..... I'm doing this tomorrow!!! :dance: Thanks for the reminder. :huggy:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
We'll be wearing red here. We've done dress down days for cancer in the past, but its not on our schedule for tomorrow.

Just a heads up to those who live nearby. One of the parents of a 4th grader at our school has pancreatic cancer. We'll be having a fundraising Italian dinner on Sunday February 20th for the family. We'll be announcing the details on the somd calendar and in the local papers, etc. I hope that you'll be able to make it.

B

Bruzilla

Katie said:
Join the Movement!
February 4 is National Wear Red Day for Women.

Wear Red to show that you have joined the movement to take charge of your heart health and live a longer, stronger life.

I work for the country's largest health care insurer, and we're suppossed to wear football jerseys tommorrow. :ohwell:

So... now heart disease is the "Number 1 Killer Of Women!!!" I thought that drugs... er... domestic violence... er... auto accidents were the number one killer? Man, I wish someone would decide what the number 1 killer of men, women, children under 12, children over 12 but working in the drug trade, female gay midgets, etc. are so I knew who to really send my money to. I get tired of hearing about how there are always four or five "NUMBER 1 KILLERS!!!" out there.

K

Katie

Bruzilla said:
I work for the country's largest health care insurer, and we're suppossed to wear football jerseys tommorrow. :ohwell:

So... now heart disease is the "Number 1 Killer Of Women!!!" I thought that drugs... er... domestic violence... er... auto accidents were the number one killer? Man, I wish someone would decide what the number 1 killer of men, women, children under 12, children over 12 but working in the drug trade, female gay midgets, etc. are so I knew who to really send my money to. I get tired of hearing about how there are always four or five "NUMBER 1 KILLERS!!!" out there.

Well I have no clue...but heart disease is right up there. I am not asking for money either, just wear red that is all.