? for boarding facilities (or anyone with an opinion)

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
If you have a boarder who pays for full care and they go to a horse show or other event would you supply the boarder with the feed and hay that they normally would get at your facility for those days, or would you make them go buy it themselves? Any opinion is fine. I am just curious. :coffee:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I would think that it would be ok. There paying for it so why wouldn't they be able to take thier ration with them..JMO. I think if I was paying for full care board and I showed I would hope that the barn manager would be ok with it other wise I would find a different barn or deduct the cost of feed for those times off the monthly board....JMO

I would never board to start with.........And I surely wouldn't have any boarders. Bigger headaches...you can never please people...JMO :popcorn:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Yep when I had horses in training and the trainer went to the show (that is where the horse was in training and kept not a catch rider) he would bring all hay/grain needed for the weekend..I paid for shavings..entrys etc plus he got his day fee..

2baymares

mingiz said:
I would think that it would be ok. There paying for it so why wouldn't they be able to take thier ration with them..JMO. I think if I was paying for full care board and I showed I would hope that the barn manager would be ok with it other wise I would find a different barn or deduct the cost of feed for those times off the monthly board....JMO

I would never board to start with.........And I surely wouldn't have any boarders. Bigger headaches...you can never please people...JMO :popcorn:

:yeahthat:

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
The boarder should not have to pay for/buy new feed when they go to a show, camp, etc. if it is a full care contract. They should be able to get their normal amount of rations no matter where they are if they are still under the contract.

morganhorse

I have a couple of boarders who show and I always let them take what their horse would have been fed for those days. Now I know alot of people tend to feed hay all day long at a show (to keep their horses from getting bored) and I don't mind if my boarders take extra hay for that as long as its within reason.

fredsaid2

Yes, I'd supply them w/ normal rations of hay and grain. I'd always take the grain he'd have eaten at the barn and a haynet full of hay while on full board. If I wanted more hay I'd buy it myself. There's already the advantage to the barn owner of not having to deal w/ that horse while it's away; no stall cleaning, no handling. Letting the boarder have hay and grain doesn't put the barn at a monetary disadvantage.

showqueen74

I've always taken what I would need feed wise, and return any unused portions. The only thing that I pay for is shavings for the trailer. Many people have water tanks in their trailers, just so that their horse has what they are used to while away............isn't that the point?

devinej

oioi uh oh. yeah def should give normal rations! duhhh.... your are still paying for it!!!!

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
These guys here definately get to take any feed/hay for the horses when traveling. I also bag it for them cause so many are on supplements and rations that they are not habitually feeding as I am.

Eventer29

We have always let our boarders take the horses normal rations with them when they have gone to shows, camps, etc. I figure they are paying for the fed and hay anyways, I just dont have to clean up after their beast for those days.