For Ladies Only Please

lovinmaryland

hi there little embarrassing question...so ladies only please :blushing:

after having my fourth baby a few (6) months ago, is it normal to have my periods be a lot heavier than before?

i am a little nervous that something maybe wrong... then again i am a hypochondriac :crazy:

i don't have too many girlfriends i would feel comfortable talking about this with and i would discuss with my man, but you know men... they can watch blood and guts movies but you mention period blood and they turn pale and faint :faint:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
cattitude said:
Why would you ask a bunch of strangers instead of your doctor?
For the same reason I ask, reassurance that it's normal, and so I don't feel like a fool calling my doctor.

lovinmaryland said:

after having my fourth baby a few (6) months ago, is it normal to have my periods be a lot heavier than before?

i am a little nervous that something maybe wrong... then again i am a hypochondriac :crazy:

i don't have too many girlfriends i would feel comfortable talking about this with and i would discuss with my man, but you know men... they can watch blood and guts movies but you mention period blood and they turn pale and faint :faint:
Did you by chance have your tubes tied as well...:confused:

Geek

lovinmaryland said:

That last baby was probably grabbing stuff on its way out.

CMC122

Go Braves!
A heavy change in menstrual flow under any circumstance should be checked on by your Doc:yay:

jenbengen

Watch it
lovinmaryland said:

If you just began having your periods again a couple of months ago, it may just be the hormones and all getting back on track. Babies changed a lot of things for me, too. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Your doctor's nurse should be able to answer your question in less than five minutes to give you the reassurance you need (I tend to be a hypochondriac too!). But really I think you have nothing to worry about. But, according to some gyns, any noticeable change in your period that is unexplainable to you should at least be questioned. I really think they'll ease your mind on the phone.

lovinmaryland

migtig said:
For the same reason I ask, reassurance that it's normal, and so I don't feel like a fool calling my doctor.

yup, it is scarry and embarrassing :blushing: ... i can feel my face burning right now because this is posted on the main board.............oh my god!!!!! :yikes:

you have no idea what runs through my brain... i could not handle going to the dr and her saying something is wrong with me

it is not anything major but different from my previous ones, so i was concerned.

lovinmaryland

kwillia said:
Did you by chance have your tubes tied as well...:confused:
nope, and i would like to try and have one more baby within the next few years. so that is why i am concernd somethng could be wrong.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I have two kids and my period changed both times. My doc said it was normal due to hormonal changes. I would suggest that if you don't want to talk to doctor about it now, maybe give it a few months and see if it gets better, worse or stays the same, then call.

jenbengen

Watch it
getbent said:
I have two kids and my period changed both times. My doc said it was normal due to hormonal changes. I would suggest that if you don't want to talk to doctor about it now, maybe give it a few months and see if it gets better, worse or stays the same, then call.

I agree. Things were different for me after both babies. Aside from the annoyance of a heavier period, I don't see anything too alarming. I just think you shouldn't stress over it and just call the nurse to reassure you. I have made mountains out of mole hills over silly stuff because I'm a tiny bit of a hypochondriac. LOL. I know how that feels.

lovinmaryland

jenbengen said:
I agree. Things were different for me after both babies. Aside from the annoyance of a heavier period, I don't see anything too alarming. I just think you shouldn't stress over it and just call the nurse to reassure you. I have made mountains out of mole hills over silly stuff because I'm a tiny bit of a hypochondriac. LOL. I know how that feels.

thanks for all help you guys... :huggy:

it is a little embarrassing to look some one in the face and say "hey how are your periodslately?, mine are really heavy since the baby is that normal"

Jameo

What?!
Nanny Pam said:
With all the crap you read & hear, you're never gonna have a kid, are you?

:lol:

I've never had any desire to have kids. I've got 2 dogs that are my "daughters" :lmao:

onebdzee

off the shelf
Geek said:
That last baby was probably grabbing stuff on its way out.

Baby #3 did this....he came out with blood and tissue under his nails :twitch:

We figured he was really happy where he was and just didn't want to come out(2 weeks over due) :lol:

btw.....the heavy period thing....I was always told that you will have some changes in your normal period after you have a baby....but, as long as you don't have blood clots the size of quarters(or larger) than your ok