For those of you who are golfers

Bunker shots are one of the things that we are worst at, largely because we don't have an easy way to practice them.

Three or four inches of snow makes a good practice medium. You can lay golf balls on top, or push them down into the snow, and get a feel for how to play different lies.

Of course, some of use never end up in bunkers, so we don't need the practice. :whistle:

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
You should pick up Tiger woods 09. The is a practice mode which will allow you to set up an scenario and practice a particular shot until you have it perfected.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You should pick up Tiger woods 09. The is a practice mode which will allow you to set up an senario and practice a particular shot until you have it perfected.

ERRRR! Wrong answer you albino basement dweller. Swinging an imaginary golf club is NOT going to give you the feel of a real club going through light fluffy sand or wet hard packed sand.

Not everything can be simulated on a video game.

Life. Go experience it!

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
I'm sure it will help some. Mastering it on a simulator will allow you to visualize the proper technique to use out on the coarse.

kom526

I'm sure it will help some. Mastering it on a simulator will allow you to visualize the proper technique to use out on the coarse.

No, it will not. You do not get the same feedback from the club as you would on the course. Trust me, I (try to) golf AND I have Woods 09 so I think I know what I'm talking about. If you took your 300 yard TW swing to the tee box, you'd be lucky to even hit the ball.

Do you think playing Halo3 would make a good member of a combat unit? In real life there are no codes for "long life" or flaming helmet recon, invisibility, bounce back armor.

Last edited:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You should pick up Tiger woods 09. The is a practice mode which will allow you to set up an scenario and practice a particular shot until you have it perfected.

This is excellent news because the damn lessons I took didn't do a thing for me and the boys still won't let me play. Do you know if they make a Wii verson? :wink:

kom526

This is excellent news because the damn lessons I took didn't do a thing for me and the boys still won't let me play. Do you know if they make a Wii verson? :wink:

That's what I have, the Nintendo version of TW 09. I refuse to say that I have a ___.:lol:

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
Yes they make a Wii version and there is even a Golf club you can stick on you controller to help witht he realistic feel of a golf swing.

kom526

Yes they make a Wii version and there is even a Golf club you can stick on you controller to help witht he realistic feel of a golf swing.

Wrong again, but thanks for playing! That controller is what 18 or so inches? A real club is 46-30 inches with varying weights and lofts so you may "swing" it like a real club but you usually end up looking like you are swatting at flies.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Wrong again, but thanks for playing! That controller is what 18 or so inches? A real club is 46-30 inches with varying weights and lofts so you may "swing" it like a real club but you usually end up looking like you are swatting at flies.

You ought to see the special Wii spikes you have to wear.

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero

Have you ever tried using the wii golf club. I think it is pretty fun to use. I know it isn't just like a real club but it is close enough for indoor use.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

It's always about the inches with you guys. :lmao:

kom526

Have you ever tried using the wii golf club. I think it is pretty fun to use. I know it isn't just like a real club but it is close enough for indoor use.

I'm glad you like using the Wii club. Tell me, can you address the ball the same way and does it affect your on course swing?

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
I don't know. I have never been on a golf coarse. I think I would be a prety decent golfer though. I always finish under par on tiger 09 for the wii and the 360.