? for those that have boarding facilities

DQ2B

Can you tell me what the process is for obtaining a Md license and any info on requirements, inspections, fees , etc. If I understand correctly, the license is good for only one year. Do they do inspections every year and do you have to apply every year?

Robin

to find out if you need a business license you can call the clerks office in leonardtown 301-475-7844 ext 4563 or 4576. You obtain a license through the state of Maryland I would start there or the planning and zoning office to be sure you can st marys gov web site www.co.saint-marys.md.us Just remember insurance for a riding boarding facility is expensive. anywheres between $3500.00- 10,000.00 a year they base this on experience, no of horses, facility, trainers and past accident claims previous in the area good luck Requirements vary from county to state. I know some folks that lease property, and the owners require a certain amount of insurance coverage to protect their property. Investigate a whole lot....Good luck

spellbound

Let us know if you do start a boarding facility. It would be great to have another option available for boarding around here.

fredsaid2

spellbound said:
Let us know if you do start a boarding facility. It would be great to have another option available for boarding around here.

Looking for a place to stash Winny, are you? :lmao:

Sparks

The insurance amount depends on what you have and what you will be doing. I was recently quoted around 1200.00 per year for general liability for 5-7 horses, boarding only.