For those that live in SOMD and travel

C

chess

north for work. I am in the situation right now, working in Rockville for BAH, and I am curious if anyone knows if they have the Keller buses that goto d.c. up through this route. I am just curious if anyone on the forum, travel outside St Marys for work. I am looking to relocate here, it seems as a Systems Engineer I have to know someone to get a job on the Base.. *sigh*.

Thanks

-R

J

justhangn

Why can't you take the bus from St. Marys and take Metro to Rockville?

C

chess

I have never thought about that.. But there isnt a metro stop where I work. I work right off I-270, the Bank of America Building. I have no clue how it works with taking the bus, jumping on the metro then park and rides ?
I have no clue.

-R

Last edited by a moderator:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
1. Go to http://www.mtamaryland.com/schedules/commuter/cbus_schedule.cfm and get the schedule. If you are going from the Lexington Park megametro area you need the 909, if you are going from Charlotte Hall you can take the 903, 905 or 909. (The schedules are in PDF format)

2. Then go to http://www.wmata.com/ use the "ride guide" on the right hand side of the page.

3. Check out http://www.mwcog.org/commuter/ccindex.html you may be able to find a vanpool or rideshare

4. Check GOOGLE! Search on DC rideshare. I found this: http://www.erideshare.com/ it was #4 of over 5000 listings.

If you have to take the mta & DC bus it will suck. Actually the commute sucks no matter what you do.

C

chess

yeah I have been looking at how bad the commute sucks right now, but it is my only option since I have no job :( If the job site was in D.C. I would have no problem jumping on the Keller bus over there by Outback and sleeping on the way up ;) But that isnt the case, I have to be north of D.C. Which sucks but I cant do much about it either.

-R

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Hubby catches the Keller to the metro and the metro to Silver Spring. If you don't have a metro near you, is there a metro bus stop near you? Maybe you could catch the Keller to a metro bus stop or go Keller, metro, bus. :shrug:

C

chess

cm:

Does he leave out of St Marys or no ? How bad of a morning commute is it for him ? To silver spring ?

I believe there is a Metrobus near me because I see people getting on like Ride and Share or something like that.

Thanks

-R

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
He commutes from Charlotte Hall, in Northern St. M's. The bus he rides goes as far south as California. His whole trip takes about an hour and a half. He sleeps most of the way. Peeps on the bus get to know you and will wake you up if need be.

C

chess

I guess I will find out how far the metro stop is from where I work.. I could probably get a ride even, I have alot of friendly co-workers.. I guess I will find out.....

-R

C

chess

cmcdanal,

Well I have done alot of research... Seems like I will be catching the bus starting Monday over here in wildewood in the morning. It basically will take me to where I work after I get off it and hop on the metro. It seems that my work is willing to pay 50-75 % of the costs, since they are a private consulting company, and not the federal government I am guessing that isnt to bad. Also... I figured by the time filling up every 2 days with gas so 2 1/2 times a week it would be cheaper taking the bus up there and home :)

Sounds like a plan..

Thanks everyone for the help!

-Ron

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
OK, now the question is, which bus will you be taking? By that I mean when does it depart STM international?

C

chess

well what I will be doing exactly is catching the Keller Bus to Farragut Metro, and riding the metro to rockville. We have a private bus that picks us up from each metro station white flint, twinbrook, and rockvile and delivers us to our metro stations.

-R

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Yes, OK, but once you start riding Keller you will learn that some drivers are better than others.

C

chess

Thats what I hear... I think its 902 or 905.. i hear some drive slow and some drive fast... :)