? for those that use Stalldry, Equilitter, Woody Pet and so on...

DQ2B

Which brand do you like the best and why and where do you obtain it? I'd like to give it a try but can't make up my mind which one to go with.

FrmGrl

Get some!
DQ2B said:
Which brand do you like the best and why and where do you obtain it? I'd like to give it a try but can't make up my mind which one to go with.

I use Equine fresh and its good for pee spots, but very dusty if you dont keep it wet down. I now mix it with some pine shavings that is sold at the hen yard and it has helped the dust alot. My bedding lasts a long time with the equine fresh, which is the same as woody pet. I also have a stall skin underneath which is wonderful. Pee goes right through.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
DQ2B said:

IMO the pelleted bedding works great on stalls with mats. They absorb wonderfully, and I only use about 1 bag at a time for a 12x16 stall. I would prefer to use woody pet, but the price has become prohibitive, so now I use equine fresh. I will never again use the southern states brand...the pellets are too big, and I have slipped on them twice. Another friend of mine has also slipped and fallen on the bigger southern states pellets....plus they don't sift through as easily as the smaller woody pet or equine fresh.