For those who may want to view in

PJay

An extraordinary TV series lays out blueprint for 9-11 attacks

Those who love to complain that TV never lives up to its potential to illuminate or educate would do well to steer clear of the cable spectrum tonight.

Ditto those who want a good night's sleep.

In an extraordinary series with limited commercial interruptions, National Geographic presents a crystalline blueprint of the united front of terror against the west, tracing its leadership to the Soviet incursion into Afghanistan in the 1980s.

In its four hours over two nights, "Inside 9/11" explains the vast web of muscle and money dedicated to pulverizing America.

Those who think the events of Sept. 11 were a one-time breach will think again after seeing the common threads of terrorism that lead from the 1993 bombing at the World Trade Towers, through the 1988 U.S. embassy bombings, the attack on the USS Cole, 9-11 and into the London transit bombings.

Osama bin Laden is described as the Ford Foundation of terror, a dispenser of grants to those with ambitious plans to wreak havoc.

It is a complicated tale told well, using rare footage of Bin Laden and interviews with former intelligence officers who admit the shortcomings of the U.S. mindset against terrorism.

In Part 2 Monday night, the events of Sept. 11 unfold in minute-by-minute detail. We see grainy video of the hijackers getting frisked at airport security, hear the voices of firefighters battling their way to the upper stories of the skyscraper.

Recordings of transmissions from the hijacked airliners - including tapes of the hijackers who apparently thought they were speaking to the passengers but were instead on the air traffic control frequency - are aired, creating a chilling authenticity.

Most chilling of all the messages delivered in "War on America" is the one that Osama bin Laden relayed to a Pakistani journalist in November 2001:

"We love death. The U.S. loves life. That is the big difference between us."

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Homesick said:
Most chilling of all the messages delivered in "War on America" is the one that Osama bin Laden relayed to a Pakistani journalist in November 2001:

"We love death. The U.S. loves life. That is the big difference between us."
If it's okay with the Ms. Sheehans of the world let's give them some loven'. :biggrin:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah...

Ken King said:
If it's okay with the Ms. Sheehans of the world let's give them some loven'. :biggrin:

...we can't even get people like Sheehan to read the Iraq War resolution, the mission her son was committed to performing.

What's the chance she's gonna read the words of her sons, and our AND Sheehans, real enemies?

PJay

Cable, the National Geographic channel. Look in your TV guide. Part 1 was on last night at 9pm, part 2 tonight at 9pm.

PJay

I have DirectTV. I'm not in Md. Sorry, can't give you a number, it wouldn't be the same for you.

K

Kain99

I watched and it was extremely informative. Did you know, that the trade tower bombings weren't Bin Ladens plan???

Very cool... watching again tonight.

PJay

Kain99 said:
I watched and it was extremely informative. Did you know, that the trade tower bombings weren't Bin Ladens plan???

Very cool... watching again tonight.

Very informative indeed. I was surprised to learn that!

Me too.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
sleuth said:
I missed it! :tantrum
Check On Demand if you have it. Nat Geo Channel is found under News and Info. There's something about 9/11 listed there.

Hessian

Watching right now...

And all I want to do is to press the button that will nuke Mecca & medina.

PJay

Yes

but like that guy just said, and I have said many, many times, it's going to take another 9/11.

I think they should play this on every station, over and over, for people have forgotton.

ylexot

Super Genius
Homesick said:
but like that guy just said, and I have said many, many times, it's going to take another 9/11.

I think they should play this on every station, over and over, for people have forgotton.
:yeahthat:

From "Team America":
Spottswoode: From what I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.N.C.E has gathered, it would be 9/11 times 100.
Gary Johnston: 9/11 times a hundred? Jesus, that's...
Spottswoode: Yes, 91,100.
Chris: Basically, all the worst parts of the bible.

Also:
Kim Jong Il: It will be 911 times 2356.
Chris: My God, that's... I don't even know what that is!
Kim Jong Il: Nobody does!