Ford Bailout Money Unnecessary, Company Says

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Ford Bailout Money Unnecessary, Company Says

"DEARBORN, Mich. — By shunning government loans, Ford Motor Co.'s top executives say they hope to buff up the automaker's image and set it apart from its cash-starved Detroit competitors, General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC.

GM and Chrysler are in desperate need of government money and may not last until the end of the year without it. But Ford set up $23.5 billion worth of credit back in 2006, and both Chief Executive Alan Mulally and Executive Chairman Bill Ford Jr. told The Associated Press Tuesday they are confident that the borrowing, coupled with restructuring and new product plans, will get them through the recession without relying on the government."

ImnoMensa

If Ford Motor Company can produce cars without government interference in the production and design , while the others are hampered by Nancy Pelosi and the Dem party telling them what they can build , they will make a killing in the market.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If Ford Motor Company can produce cars without government interference in the production and design , while the others are hampered by Nancy Pelosi and the Dem party telling them what they can build , they will make a killing in the market.

have to admit, the first time I heard "Government Oversight" And a "Car Czar" if I was a car company exec, I'd be running for the hills.

Dems will require them to shut down all their plants unless they run on "clean energy", or convert to all solar/ wind production facilities.. Produce cars that are NOT fossil fuel or carbon dependent.

Yep, nothing will gurantee them going out of business quicker than government oversight.

"WE NEED A BAILOUT!!!! WE NEED A BAILOUT!!!! WE NEED A BAILOUT!!!!"

"oh, nebermind...."

Took them this long to figure out their own plan?