Ford F150 Tag D8J646 - U About to Get Towed

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
If anyone knows the rascal that owns the Ford F150, Maryland Tag O8J646, pictured in the attached photo, please advise them that they're about to get towed.

Someone parked it on our cul-de-sac over a week ago and no one knows who it belongs to. One of the neighbors wants to have it towed....

Attachments

• 13-10-11_175.jpg
    13-10-11_175.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:

nomoney

If anyone knows the rascal that owns the Ford F150, Maryland Tag D8J646, pictured in the attached photo, please advise them that they're about to get towed.

Someone parked it on our cul-de-sac over a week ago and no one knows who it belongs to. One of the neighbors wants to have it towed....

has any one called it in?

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
If anyone knows the rascal that owns the Ford F150, Maryland Tag O8J646, pictured in the attached photo, please advise them that they're about to get towed.

Someone did that with a boat in our neighborhood. Just left it, on the trailer, on the side of the road. Finally after a week, the police were there having it towed.

That truck could very well have been stolen/abandoned. Guess the cops will run the tag and contact the owner.

owenslx3

are those ramps in the back.....maybe he had a 4 wheeler......maybe they are hurt.....guess it depends on where you live if thats even a possibility

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Called the Sheriff just in case it had been stolen and dumped here. Gave them the tag, but they said they had to come out and check it out in person. It was gone within an hour. Now I am dying of curiosity about what the deal was. Kinda strange to park your vehicle in someone's cul-de-sac and leave it there for a week+.

It had a military base security sticker on the front windshield, but it was too dark to see if it was PAXRVR.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Called the Sheriff just in case it had been stolen and dumped here. Gave them the tag, but they said they had to come out and check it out in person. It was gone within an hour. Now I am dying of curiosity about what the deal was. Kinda strange to park your vehicle in someone's cul-de-sac and leave it there for a week+.

It had a military base security sticker on the front windshield, but it was too dark to see if it was PAXRVR.
Someone hiding from the repo guy.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Someone hiding from the repo guy.

?

or just visiting, or didn't want to park it on their street... who knows
Had a neighbor (on our cul de sac) park his spare vehicle on the main road, just to get it out of the way. The immediate neighbors knew and didn't object but a comunity nazi called it in. FWIW, the vehicle was moved on weekends, it was just that the family didn't use it during the work week (and it wsa street legal and all that rot).

SoMDGirl42

You weren't listening to the scanner feed when they showed up? Shame. At least you'd know if it was stolen or the owner had been reported missing, or if .......................................

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
How could someone in the cul-de-sac have it towed? Is it on private property?

Maybe you missed this part.

David said:
Called the Sheriff just in case it had been stolen and dumped here. Gave them the tag, but they said they had to come out and check it out in person. It was gone within an hour.

Emphasis added in case your eyes haven't woken up yet.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
How could someone in the cul-de-sac have it towed? Is it on private property?

If someone calls the cops about an abandoned vehicle, at least they'll come out and run the tags. There's a reason it was abandoned. Maybe it was stolen. If so, the owner would be happy to get it back (unless fraud is involved, lol). If their insurance company has already paid out because it was stolen, then the insurance company can take possession of it and sell it at auction to recoup some of the money paid out. Maybe it's connected to a missing person. If so, the vehicle becomes evidence in a police investigation.

If someone calls the cops about an abandoned vehicle, at least they'll come out and run the tags. There's a reason it was abandoned. Maybe it was stolen. If so, the owner would be happy to get it back (unless fraud is involved, lol). If their insurance company has already paid out because it was stolen, then the insurance company can take possession of it and sell it at auction to recoup some of the money paid out. Maybe it's connected to a missing person. If so, the vehicle becomes evidence in a police investigation.

Yep and then they take it out for a joy ride and crash it if it's a cool car.

mitzi

It's good to call. I had a car stolen years ago. It was stolen over Labor Day weekend. It had been sitting in a parking lot in Hagerstown until the day before Christmas Eve. Finally someone called the police about it after it has been sitting there nearly 3 months. A few years later, the same car is stolen again. This time it sat in a neighbor in SE DC for almost a month and a half until someone called the police. It's good the call after a few days and save the owner a lot of headaches.

Vince

It's good to call. I had a car stolen years ago. It was stolen over Labor Day weekend. It had been sitting in a parking lot in Hagerstown until the day before Christmas Eve. Finally someone called the police about it after it has been sitting there nearly 3 months. A few years later, the same car is stolen again. This time it sat in a neighbor in SE DC for almost a month and a half until someone called the police. It's good the call after a few days and save the owner a lot of headaches.
Did you sell the car after you got it back the second time? Bad luck car. :lol:

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

Exactly. If my car was stolen, of course I'd want it back as quick as possible. I can't believe you got that car back twice, undamaged?
I worked in auto claims for years. Always felt bad for the people who called to report their car stolen and only had liability coverage on their policy. They especially, would appreciate someone finding their car quickly because they usually didn't have the money to buy another car.

Did you sell the car after you got it back the second time? Bad luck car. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing! :killingme What the heck kinda car was it that the thugs kept stealing?

mitzi

This was in the mid to late 70s. It was a 70 Dart of all things, nothing fancy. It never was damaged either except for the locks and the ignition. When it was found in DC the only things stolen out of it were the carseat and the stroller. There were a few tools in the trunk but guess these guys didn't need any tools to work with if you get my drift. I lived in apartments then and it was a field day for car thieves. Was almost stolen a third time, I went out to go to work and the ignition was on the floor along with the locks f'd up again. Oh yea, my ex's motorcycle was stolen too from there but it was found in a school parking lot not far away. Something was wrong with the choke or something and the dumb a$$es couldn't keep it running to get anywhere. I kept the car until it just wouldn't go anymore, I kept getting it back so I felt it was meant to be with me til it was officially dead when it blew a head gasket.:killingme

Last edited:

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
This was in the mid to late 70s. It was a 70 Dart of all things, nothing fancy. It never was damaged either except for the locks and the ignition. When it was found in DC the only things stolen out of it were the carseat and the stroller. There were a few tools in the trunk but guess these guys didn't need any tools to work with if you get my drift. I lived in apartments then and it was a field day for car thieves. Was almost stolen a third time, I went out to go to work and the ignition was on the floor along with the locks f'd up again. Oh yea, my ex's motorcycle was stolen too from there but it was found in a school parking lot not far away. Something was wrong with the choke or something and the dumb a$$es couldn't keep it running to get anywhere. I kept the car until it just wouldn't go anymore, I kept getting it back so I felt it was meant to be with me til it was officially dead when it blew a head gasket.:killingme

My parents had a '73 Dart that was stolen twice also, up in NY. :lol: They got it back both times. Same as your car, only damage both times was to the ignition and locks. I loved that car when I was a little girl.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Back in the day, my BIL drove a Dart, sans the slant 6 motor. He built 383ci that found just about every tree in the county. I'm surprised to say, he's still with us, although, pretty beat up. Brakes are your friend.

mitzi

My parents had a '73 Dart that was stolen twice also, up in NY. :lol: They got it back both times. Same as your car, only damage both times was to the ignition and locks. I loved that car when I was a little girl.

I guess they were easy to get into and steal. I think I still have the title to the things packed away. :killingme