Foreign Aid

SamSpade

Happened upon this, today

https://explorer.usaid.gov/cd

Browsing through it, I was astonished to find that we give foreign aid to just about EVERYONE - including Russia, although it's directed and very small.
The biggest recipients are still nations such as Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan and Jordan - nations whose support we have a strategic and military interest.

But it was a big surprise that if you can name a nation, chances were good we send them something.

The agency tab actually has an interactive map of the world giving an indication of who we send money to, what for,
and how much. Thankfully, most of the richer, developed nations don't get anything, although some nations we help
because of a joint project.

Midnightrider

yep, been that way as long as I can remember. The idea of giving away money when you are running a deficit is CRAZY yet both sides of the aisle insist on doing it

nutz

Happened upon this, today

https://explorer.usaid.gov/cd

Browsing through it, I was astonished to find that we give foreign aid to just about EVERYONE - including Russia, although it's directed and very small.
The biggest recipients are still nations such as Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Afghanistan and Jordan - nations whose support we have a strategic and military interest.

But it was a big surprise that if you can name a nation, chances were good we send them something.

The agency tab actually has an interactive map of the world giving an indication of who we send money to, what for,
and how much. Thankfully, most of the richer, developed nations don't get anything, although some nations we help
because of a joint project.
The first I thought of was Saudi and low and behold, they get some aid too. Funny thing to me is, look where it comes from.
The National Democratic Institute (NDI)

Clem72

And yet we are too broke to secure our border and take care of our veterans.....

Agree with the border, but largely I think we do well for veterans. VA could of course be better, but the fact remains they have access to healthcare and generous disability and (for those who qualify) one of the the most generous retirement plans in the country.

Sure, people can and do fall through the cracks, especially with regards to mental illness, but it's not primarily due to lack of funding or (usually) access.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
7388197_1540308247.jpg

nutz

Agree with the border, but largely I think we do well for veterans. VA could of course be better, but the fact remains they have access to healthcare and generous disability and (for those who qualify) one of the the most generous retirement plans in the country.

Sure, people can and do fall through the cracks, especially with regards to mental illness, but it's not primarily due to lack of funding or (usually) access.
I’m thinking you never tried using a VA facility.
Pick one from the USAToday headlines and tell me why things are ok for a vet trying to use these “benefits” or explain how great the death benefits are: