INGSOC
PREMO Member
we were still using a lot of those items in the 1970's when I was a wee lad

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
One kitchen tool mom had that I have, French Fry Cutter.
Picture is similar.
1666956334771.png

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We had one of these when I was growing up, with about a hundred plus scraps of index cards or papers with additional information.

images

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've got a ton of my mom's recipe stuff in a couple of boxes, just haven't had the ambition to weed it all out, organize it and digitize it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We had one of these when I was growing up, with about a hundred plus scraps of index cards or papers with additional information.

images
The officer's wives at the USCG academy would put out their own cookbook every few years with everyone's favorite recipes. I don't know how long that tradition had been going on but judging from the size of the cookbook, it had been quite a while. My copy was from around 1960 or so, when my grandpappy was Superintendent of the academy and so my grandmother helped with the compilation and publication that year and it included some of her own recipes. They called it the "Gravy Boats and Egg Beaters" cookbook and it had a cartoon of a cutter and helicopter on the front cover.

NextJen

Raisin cane
My parents bought a house in 1964 that I grew up in. That house had a very tiny kitchen with a formica counter top that was pink with gold flecks and a chrome edge around it. My mother even found pink with gold fleck contact paper that she put on the wall behind the sink.
That counter top stayed until my parents both passed and my brothers and I did a little remodeling to sell the house in 2014.

I also still have some ‘vintage’ Tupperware pieces that were my mothers. 😊

I remember the metal ice cube trays where you had to pull the handle up to break the ice cubes loose, and a metal, hand-held ice crusher device. Cool stuff!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My parents bought a house in 1964 that I grew up in. That house had a very tiny kitchen with a formica counter top that was pink with gold flecks and a chrome edge around it. My mother even found pink with gold fleck contact paper that she put on the wall behind the sink.
That counter top stayed until my parents both passed and my brothers and I did a little remodeling to sell the house in 2014.

I also still have some ‘vintage’ Tupperware pieces that were my mothers. 😊

I remember the metal ice cube trays where you had to pull the handle up to break the ice cubes loose, and a metal, hand-held ice crusher device. Cool stuff!
I remember getting my hands stuck on those ice cube trays. 😂