Former Marine Launches Fed. Lawsuit: Banned from La Plata H.S. Property after Objecting to "Islamic

TheLibertonian

Agree with me or not, it's all the same to me.

Blasphemies are part of the english language. That's how deep the roots of christianity are. We also speak using metaphors from the bible, in english. It's part of our language.

We name our children names from the bible, and I see no issue with that. IT's our culture.

TheLibertonian

Me too. They have a strong case if what they claim their child was told to recite and memorize in the linked story is true.

Schools are indoctrinating our children to be accepting of everything except christianity. This is my issue with what these modern "world history" classes are teaching. Are they also teaching about Jesus and his impact on the world? The answer is no, I looked it up!

When you teach western history, you're teaching the impact of Jesus on the world. The impact is so huge it's almost impossible to see. Imagine standing at the foot of a hill in a forest. You can see the trees, but you'er standing on a hill. Logically you know the hill is there, but you can't see it because it's so big and so close. That's Christianity when teaching western history.

Amused_despair

Are you teaching the students the Nicene Creed? Are they writing it down and reciting it? What about Martin Luther's 95 Theses? Are these written down and recited?

TheLibertonian

Are you teaching the students the Nicene Creed? Are they writing it down and reciting it? What about Martin Luther's 95 Theses? Are these written down and recited?

The evidence int he case does not prove either of those things happened.

I would teach them what the nicene creed is, and why it's important, and the theses, and why it was important. Which is what appears to be the case here with the evidence presented.

Did you actually look at it ?There was no evidence presented that the child was taught the full text, merely the name of it and its function in Islam.

When they present evidence that the child wsa forced to record and recite the thing they are saying they did, then I will believe it. Otherwise the evidence presented merely shows knowledge of the name and what its used for, Which is rather what I would expect an individual to have.

Amused_despair

From the original link:

"According to a TMLC press release: The Woods' daughter was forced to profess and to write out the Shahada in worksheets and quizzes. The Shahada is the Islamic Creed, "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah." For non-Muslims, reciting the statement is sufficient to convert one to Islam. Moreover, the second part of the statement, "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah," signifies the person has accepted Muhammad as their spiritual leader. The teenager was also required to memorize and recite the Five Pillars of Islam. "

BlueBird

My point exactly. I hope this school loses big. Our current curriculum reflects political correctness and takes it to an extreme level.

BlueBird

The evidence int he case does not prove either of those things happened.

I would teach them what the nicene creed is, and why it's important, and the theses, and why it was important. Which is what appears to be the case here with the evidence presented.

Did you actually look at it ?There was no evidence presented that the child was taught the full text, merely the name of it and its function in Islam.

When they present evidence that the child wsa forced to record and recite the thing they are saying they did, then I will believe it. Otherwise the evidence presented merely shows knowledge of the name and what its used for, Which is rather what I would expect an individual to have.

You're clueless. Go back and actually read the story! Try your best to comprehend it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd agree with you if it seemed like the school was trying to teach someone to be Christian, Muslim, etc., but I just don't see that here. 2 weeks (assumed) of discussing the origins up to modern times of Islam shouldn't worry someone as devout as this guy and his family (as he claims). If the story is how he told it, then the school could have handled someone who gets their panties in a wad better (be more PC, the thing we've rallied against when discussing Trump), but the terms of this lawsuit are ridiculous with no proof of his claims.

I think it's too in-depth to be simply in context of historical events. There are two exhibits of proof that have been filed in support of this man's claim, and they were linked in the original article (http://www.scribd.com/doc/296975037...e-Objected-to-Islamic-Indoctrination-Exhibits). The girl's actual paper doesn't read like a simple history exam; it reads like a religious test. Even atheist me recognized that.

So he indeed has proof of his claims, both in the lesson plan AND the actual test administered. I see what he's objecting to quite plainly. I'm curious if they did an in-depth study of Christianity and Judaism as well, and what those tests looked like.

TheLibertonian

From the original link:

"According to a TMLC press release: The Woods' daughter was forced to profess and to write out the Shahada in worksheets and quizzes. The Shahada is the Islamic Creed, "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah." For non-Muslims, reciting the statement is sufficient to convert one to Islam. Moreover, the second part of the statement, "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah," signifies the person has accepted Muhammad as their spiritual leader. The teenager was also required to memorize and recite the Five Pillars of Islam. "

Ok. Evidence please.

Present to me irrefutable evidence the child was forced to recite and write out the Shahada. Because...again..

Page 9 of Exhibit II.

The only reference to the Shahada is the following

"Shahada - Testimony/Declaration of Faith"

It's RIGHT. THERE. It's ON THE PAGE. It's IN THE EVIDENCE.

Christ almighty you can ad hominem until the end of time but the evidence is right there on the freaking page.

TheLibertonian

Then you see that she did indeed have to fill in the blanks to complete the Shahada.

Where. Cite the page. Because I don't see it. I went through every single question and I don't see it.

The only mention of the Shahada in the entire thing is what I just posted. That is it. It is the only time I can see the word pop up, and it's just the student writing down the definition of it.

Amused_despair

Where. Cite the page. Because I don't see it. I went through every single question and I don't see it.

The only mention of the Shahada in the entire thing is what I just posted. That is it. It is the only time I can see the word pop up, and it's just the student writing down the definition of it.

Wrong on two different threads dealing with Muslims, nice winning streak you have here.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
From the original link:

Although one might take umbrage with having to memorize the five pillars if it wasn't in a historico-cultural context, simply saying the Shahada is mere words if you don't mean what they say. By writing it as an answer to a question in no way, shape or form converted the girl. How ridiculous to even hint that it did.

pro·fess verb 1. claim openly but often falsely that one has (a quality or feeling).
"he had professed his love for her" synonyms: declare, announce, proclaim, assert, state, affirm, avow, maintain, protest; 2. affirm one's faith in or allegiance to (a religion or set of beliefs). "a people professing Christianity" synonyms: affirm one's faith in, affirm one's allegiance to, avow, confess

Words mean things, and stating that the child was "forced" to "profess" the Shahada is nothing but sensational bull####. The child may have recited and/or written the Shahada, but she in no way "professed" it.

TheLibertonian

Exhibit 2; Question 3; part a.

Ok...except that's not the Shahadah. That's one of the pillars of islam, which s faith.

The actual Shahadah, word for word, is "There is no god but God. Muhammad is the messenger of God".

That's like saying I'm a Jew because I did a fill in the blank on the Ten Commandments except not the actual words

You people do realize that we need to teach about this kind of thing in school, that is religion and culture, and that it's going to sometimes be a bit bumpy as we try to figure out how to teach it. This lawsuit is probably going to end up with a bunch of children being ignorant of the world beyond their own because they'll stop any mention of any religion at all, out of fear of lawsuits.

Chris0nllyn

From the original link:

You're clueless. Go back and actually read the story! Try your best to comprehend it.

Read the actual assignment instead of a press release from a self proclaimed law firm focused on a presumed war on Christianity.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
This lawsuit is probably going to end up with a bunch of children being ignorant of the world beyond their own because they'll stop any mention of any religion at all, out of fear of lawsuits.

Probably. Personally, I think both sides went too far. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the court/s.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ok...except that's not the Shahadah. That's one of the pillars of islam, which s faith.

The actual Shahadah, word for word, is "There is no god but God. Muhammad is the messenger of God".

Dude, you're wrong and we're done here. I told you exactly where to find it, then you come back and say that's not the Shahadah, then you quote the "actual Shahad", which is word for word what that girl wrote on her paper, which I specifically pointed you to.

So you're being willfully stupid, perhaps just trying to piss me off, and I'm not interested in your nonsense.

Chris0nllyn

From the original link:

I'm aware. I've been referencing that exhibit this entire time.

He has absolutely ZERO proof that the school is forcing his daughter to become Muslim. That's silly, and I can't comprehend how someone could come to that conclusion based on a homework assignment where a child is asked to fill in blanks based on information they learned.

You're focusing on such a small portion of the homework while glancing over the historical context provided everywhere else. The questions regarding geographical questions regarding the Arabian Peninsula and the people, continents, and landscape associated with it. The question regarding Mecca and its history (location, who it was built by, etc.). Who Muhammad was (his trade, wife, and how he received his message from "god"). The question about Hijrah and traveling to Medina. There's much more to this assignment than asking what the pillars of Islam are that have everything to do with World History, you know, the class she was in.

TheLibertonian

Dude, you're wrong and we're done here. I told you exactly where to find it, then you come back and say that's not the Shahadah, then you quote the "actual Shahad", which is word for word what that girl wrote on her paper, which I specifically pointed you to.

So you're being willfully stupid, perhaps just trying to piss me off, and I'm not interested in your nonsense.

Ok, so i did do an actual fill in the blank on the old testament 10 commandments when i was in high school and then we went on to discuss how the ten commandments applied to civil law through history in the west.

Does that make me Jewish?