Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski proves to be an uncooperative witness for House Democrats in hearing

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Mr. Lewandowski, when you refuse to answer these questions, you are obstructing the work of our committee,” Nadler said. “The president is intent on obstructing our legitimate oversight. You are aiding in that obstruction.”

Lewandowski, who was flanked by White House lawyers during the hearing despite never working for the executive branch, told lawmakers that he would not answer questions about conversations with the president if they strayed beyond the special counsel's report, and sometimes ducked questions about what was in it, too. And while he largely acknowledged that the report's depiction of him was accurate, he declined even to read portions of it aloud.

Instead, throughout more than five hours of questioning, lawmakers traded insults and accusations with him and one another. Lewandowski said Democrats were pursuing their investigation of Trump because "they hate this president more than they love their country." And in the midst of the hearing, he tweeted a link to a website promoting his potential Senate campaign in New Hampshire.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...diciary-impeachment-investigation/2313866001/

SamSpade

“Mr. Lewandowski, when you refuse to answer these questions, you are obstructing the work of our committee,” Nadler said. “The president is intent on obstructing our legitimate oversight. You are aiding in that obstruction.”

Right. Insult him, treat him like scum, mock him - and he will just roll over and play nice.
Because that's human nature, right?

But this is vintage Nadler. You're OBSTRUCTING by not doing what we want. They've asked the questions. He answered them.
Now they want to ask them again. This isn't beating a dead horse - that horse has been flattened. This is futility masquerading
as - I don't even know. Impeachment is long out of the news cycle, as it should be.

transporter

A couple of stunningly obvious points to debunk the bullshit right wing talking points from above:

1. He was under subpoena. This means he is legally obligated to answer questions. His refusal goes against all your right wing pronouncements about your support for the "rule of law".

2. He never worked for the President. He never served in the Administration. Therefore he has no claim to executive privilege.

3. Oversight of the Executive Branch IS the job of the House.

4. Lewandowski's also commented that he had "no obligation to tell the media the truth" in response to a question about Trump asking him to tell Sessions to fire Mueller. Lewandowski flat out lied and admitted he did so. Yet, TRUMP and all you ignorati types claim ONLY the "MSM" is fake news.

5. If you can't figure this out, which you all likely can't, you all are nothing but a bunch of lowlife hypocrites.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
A couple of stunningly obvious points to debunk the bullshit right wing talking points from above:

1. He was under subpoena. This means he is legally obligated to answer questions. His refusal goes against all your right wing pronouncements about your support for the "rule of law".

2. He never worked for the President. He never served in the Administration. Therefore he has no claim to executive privilege.

3. Oversight of the Executive Branch IS the job of the House.

4. Lewandowski's also commented that he had "no obligation to tell the media the truth" in response to a question about Trump asking him to tell Sessions to fire Mueller. Lewandowski flat out lied and admitted he did so. Yet, TRUMP and all you ignorati types claim ONLY the "MSM" is fake news.

5. If you can't figure this out, which you all likely can't, you all are nothing but a bunch of lowlife hypocrites.
So, Mrs. Lincoln "How did you like the play?"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My understanding is that they're supposed to be questioning him to find out what happened. What I watched sounded like they were trying to berate him and spew their hatred of him for being part of the Trump campaign. I thought Corey did well and showed way more patience than I would have with those ****ing yahoos. It must be infuriating to have flat out retards like Hank Johnson and Eric Swalwell pontificating at you and puffing themselves up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think the key to getting through one of these ridiculous dog and pony shows is to go in with the understanding that these people aren't important. They are government employees who were hired to do a job. WE are important, not them. WE are the bosses, not them.

Once you have that down, you can go in and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Imagine your meter reader treating you like that and speaking to you in that snide manner. Well, Congress people are of lower rank than that meter reader, and should be reminded of that frequently.

Sapidus

I think the key to getting through one of these ridiculous dog and pony shows is to go in with the understanding that these people aren't important. They are government employees who were hired to do a job. WE are important, not them. WE are the bosses, not them.

Once you have that down, you can go in and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

Imagine your meter reader treating you like that and speaking to you in that snide manner. Well, Congress people are of lower rank than that meter reader, and should be reminded of that frequently.

Why do you believe it is ok for this man to blatantly lie to you in television and you till defend him?

"I have no obligation to be honest with the media," Lewandowski said with a straight face when, under questioning, he was forced to admit that when he had told MSNBC in February that he didn't recall ever having a conversation with President Donald Trump about the possible un-recusal of then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions in the special counsel probe into Russian interference. The Mueller report made clear that Lewandowski had, in fact, had that conversation with Trump on at least two occasions.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Why do you believe it is ok for this man to blatantly lie to you in television and you till defend him?

"I have no obligation to be honest with the media," Lewandowski said with a straight face when, under questioning, he was forced to admit that when he had told MSNBC in February that he didn't recall ever having a conversation with President Donald Trump about the possible un-recusal of then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions in the special counsel probe into Russian interference. The Mueller report made clear that Lewandowski had, in fact, had that conversation with Trump on at least two occasions.

Are you willing to take that same standard and apply it to CNN?

And Lewandowski is right. There is no obligation for anyone to be honest with the media. The media has perpetuated so may lies about Trump and his administration and campaign; why would any of them feel obligated to be honest with the media?

Sapidus

Are you willing to take that same standard and apply it to CNN?

And Lewandowski is right. There is no obligation for anyone to be honest with the media. The media has perpetuated so may lies about Trump and his administration and campaign; why would any of them feel obligated to be honest with the media?

So whats your point? You are simultaneously complaining about media you believe is lying to you and then excusing him saying he should be able to and he did lie to you through the media.

Dont you care that he lied about his knowledge of Trumps attempts to influence the russia investigation?

PsyOps

Pixelated
So whats your point? You are simultaneously complaining about media you believe is lying to you and then excusing him saying he should be able to and he did lie to you through the media.

Dont you care that he lied about his knowledge of Trumps attempts to influence the russia investigation?

I am, in no way, defending lying at any level. What I am saying is that no one is obligated to tell the truth to the media. I would prefer they do.

Here's the rub... Given what we have come to expect from our MSM regarding Trump and anyone that has anything to do with him, what benefit is there for Lewedowski to tell them the truth, when they will just edit what he says to make it look like he is saying something else. We can't trust anything that comes from our media. I would have just assumed Lewedowski not even give any interviews to MSNBC or CNN. They are the most untrustworthy networks in existence, and telling them the truth or lying to them will only result in them spinning everything you say to make you look bad.

Last edited:

Sapidus

I am, in no way, dedfending lying at any level. What I am saying is that no one is obligated to tell the truth to the media. I would prefer they do.

Here's the rub... Given what we have come to expect from our MSM regarding Trump and anyone that has anything to do with him, what benefit is there for Lewedowski to tell them the truth, when they will just edit what he says to make it look like he is saying something else. We can't trust anything that comes from our media. I would have just assumed Lewedowski not even give any interviews to MSNBC or CNN. They are the most untrustworthy networks in existence, and telling them the truth or lying to them will only result in them spinning everything you say to make you look bad.

The problem is certainly partly the medias fault through bias or their desire to get a scoop and not properly vet their sources, partly the fault of Trump and him claiming everything is fake news and partly the fault of the viewer who has become so myopic they only believe their one source and their one viewpoint and dismiss everything else.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The problem is certainly partly the medias fault through bias or their desire to get a scoop and not properly vet their sources, partly the fault of Trump and him claiming everything is fake news and partly the fault of the viewer who has become so myopic they only believe their one source and their one viewpoint and dismiss everything else.

Well, we all tend to lean towards what speaks to us. But, I cannot watch any network that has a singular agenda to take down a sitting president, and will promote any lie to make that happen. I just want the news - straight up. And that goes for Fox as well. If these networks are going to claim they are news outlets, then report the news. The facts. The vetted, cross-checked, honest facts.

Sapidus

Well, we all tend to lean towards what speaks to us. But, I cannot watch any network that has a singular agenda to take down a sitting president, and will promote any lie to make that happen. I just want the news - straight up. And that goes for Fox as well. If these networks are going to claim they are news outlets, then report the news. The facts. The vetted, cross-checked, honest facts.

I certainly believe that CNN and FOX both have agendas but i dont believe CNN knowingly promotes lies.

I would like to see a return to less editorializing, opinion and more fact based reporting.

When i read articles now i only read the quotes and facts and dont pay attention to the slant that the writer is attempting to put on the story

Sapidus

So, you believe they're just stupid? They have no clue about what they're doing/reporting?

No i believe they both go in with an implicit bias and chase stories and report stories that conform to their world view and ignore ones that do the opposite,

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

He didn't lie to me, he perhaps lied to the media, and THEY lie to me all the time. So eff them.

i dont believe CNN knowingly promotes lies.

Then you are a brainwashed little dolt because they do it all the time and don't even try to hide it.

Nope. If I were Trump I'd declare martial law and shut every single one of them down, then Ilhan Omar's head would go on a pike beside AOC's...and that's just for starters. I think Trump and his cronies are being overly generous to the enemies of America.