Fort Hood Killer Admits to Terrorism

edinsomd

So much for "work place violence".

Nidal Hasan Admitted Jihadist Motive, Ft. Hood Victims’ Attorneys Say - ABC News

'"Attorneys for the victims of the 2009 Fort Hood massacre said that the alleged shooter’s admission this week that he gunned down his countrymen to defend the Taliban proves that the assault was a terrorist attack and not, as the government has implied, “workplace violence.”'

Finally the self-evident truth is out of the bottle. He's a jihadi terrorist, and always has been.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Things are getting really hinky about this case. First, Sgt Bales pleads guilty to killing a bunch of Afghans and avoids the death penalty. Hasan tried the same ploy and the guilty plea was denied. That makes it sound like the convening authority for Hasan wants him to possibly 'ride the needle' and be the first military member executed by the military in over 50 years. But if Hasan can get traction claiming it was a 'defense of Islam' attack, the defense might raise this as an 'act of war' and not eligible for the death penalty.

officeguy

But if Hasan can get traction claiming it was a 'defense of Islam' attack, the defense might raise this as an 'act of war' and not eligible for the death penalty.

Once you swear that oath and get that commission, you can't just change sides because you changed your mind. If you do, there is a name for it, it's treason and the attempt to use it as a defense would probably backfire.

I think the Beales case is quite different. Despicable as his actions are, it broadly falls into the category of 'lost it', not terrorism or treason.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Once you swear that oath and get that commission, you can't just change sides because you changed your mind. If you do, there is a name for it, it's treason and the attempt to use it as a defense would probably backfire.

A noble concept which, I fear, is lost on many of today's citizens.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Funny, I thought that him yelling "Allah Ahkbar!" while gunning down innocent men and women was an admission of terrorism.

edinsomd

Things are getting really hinky about this case. First, Sgt Bales pleads guilty to killing a bunch of Afghans and avoids the death penalty. Hasan tried the same ploy and the guilty plea was denied. That makes it sound like the convening authority for Hasan wants him to possibly 'ride the needle' and be the first military member executed by the military in over 50 years. But if Hasan can get traction claiming it was a 'defense of Islam' attack, the defense might raise this as an 'act of war' and not eligible for the death penalty.

Apples to bollocks comparison- Bales got drunk, lost it, and went on a rampage on Afghan civilians. Hasan killed fellow soldiers in cold blood and was planning his little jihad with al-Awlaki beforehand.
Not by any means to excuse Bales' conduct- he deserves life in the slammer. Hasan should have ridden the needle a year ago.

Inkd

Apples to bollocks comparison- Bales got drunk, lost it, and went on a rampage on Afghan civilians. Hasan killed fellow soldiers in cold blood and was planning his little jihad with al-Awlaki beforehand.
Not by any means to excuse Bales' conduct- he deserves life in the slammer. Hasan should have ridden the needle a year ago.

I wish the first officers on scene could have pumped a couple more rounds into that SOB and sent him off to see if there really were 72 virgins waiting on his dumb a$$.

I can't hardly read any of the coverage about this cause it flares my tourettes up.

First time that ####$ucker showed up in court with a beard he should have had his face hot waxed by the employees of the local strip club while they were modeling the newest baconkini.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So much for "work place violence".

Nidal Hasan Admitted Jihadist Motive, Ft. Hood Victims’ Attorneys Say - ABC News

'"Attorneys for the victims of the 2009 Fort Hood massacre said that the alleged shooter’s admission this week that he gunned down his countrymen to defend the Taliban proves that the assault was a terrorist attack and not, as the government has implied, “workplace violence.”'

Finally the self-evident truth is out of the bottle. He's a jihadi terrorist, and always has been.

This is not terror.

It is an act of war.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It was an act of treason performed by a cowardly murderer.

Fine. Keep missing the point. We've been missing the point since September 12, 2001 and we see how that's worked. Why stop missing the point now? Let's keep doing the same thing and click our heels together three times and wish that the results will change.

Our nation is rapidly fading into histories pages because of one simple fact; we are not fighting back against our enemy. We are fighting ourselves.

If it needs to be any clearer; these people are fighting for their god. Nothing is treason in service of that goal. Not lying. Not stealing. Not subterfuge. Not even joining the United States Army and pledging;

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Get it? God. His god. Not yours. Not mine. His.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how come we don't get this basic, simple truth. Bush and his crusaders kicked guys out of the army that got it. Hell, even Bill Maher is starting to get it. Perhaps too late but, at least getting it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Prisioner of war is far too good for this guy.

We are far too good for this guy. Or, at least, we're supposed to be.

I mean, not that we'd do this but, can you imagine the pressure in our favor if we simply pointed out that he chose Allah, his god, over the United States. Over the opportunities he was given, the life he could have had and contrast that, starkly, with Sharia life. Imagine if we simply contrasted his choice over freedom the same way we used to contrast the pluses of being a free American over being a Nazi or a Jap or a commie?

It's there to be had, to win the war of ideas, of ideology.

Hitler, Tojo, Lenin and Stalin, Mohamed or...

...life, liberty and YOUR pursuit of happiness.

We're losing because we are putting the state first, ahead of the individual. We are losing playing their game.

:buddies:

C

czygvtwkr

We are far too good for this guy. Or, at least, we're supposed to be.

I mean, not that we'd do this but, can you imagine the pressure in our favor if we simply pointed out that he chose Allah, his god, over the United States. Over the opportunities he was given, the life he could have had and contrast that, starkly, with Sharia life. Imagine if we simply contrasted his choice over freedom the same way we used to contrast the pluses of being a free American over being a Nazi or a Jap or a commie?

It's there to be had, to win the war of ideas, of ideology.

Hitler, Tojo, Lenin and Stalin, Mohamed or...

...life, liberty and YOUR pursuit of happiness.

We're losing because we are putting the state first, ahead of the individual. We are losing playing their game.

:buddies:

Even the Marines use the order God, Country, Corps. I imagine if push came to shove many American Christians would choose God over America, the difference is most of them are reasonable and most of their religious leaders are not nutcases.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Even the Marines use the order God, Country, Corps. I imagine if push came to shove many American Christians would choose God over America, the difference is most of them are reasonable and most of their religious leaders are not nutcases.

I was hoping someone would say something like that. :buddies:

Opens up a whole can of worms, don't it?