Forum Fantasy Football

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Hey All...

Just trying to drum up interest for a Yahoo's FREE Fantasy Football league. I tried this last year but got no interest. Let's see if that has changed. The champion would get Forum Bragging Rights for a year. :wink:

Ideally, 8, 10, or 12 teams (i.e. players) would be what we need (anymore than 12 will dilute the talent pool).

It's not hard.

For those unfamiliar with fantasy football, there will be a draft. You just pick the players each week on your team that you want to start, and you go head to head with another member of the league. You can trade, hire, or fire players. Then, based on the NFL stats for that week, your players earn points or victories (depending on the league scoring format). Whomever gets the most points for the week wins that week.

If you're interested, post here, and someone (either myself or whoever volunteers as commissioner) will PM you with details on how to join once we have enough people.

In the meantime, you have to have a Yahoo account to play. So if you don't, head on over to yahoo.com and sign up for one. :cheesy:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Cool! That's 3 more than last year, for a total of 4 including myself.

We need at least 8... 10 would be better...

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Archimedes is in... that makes 7.

I'd bet Larry Gude and maybe Vrai would play... :whistle:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Originally posted by wmsaunders
I'm in.

And that makes 8.
Cool... I try to get a league set up today and send out info to anyone interested.

If we have anymore interest, 10 teams is ideal but we can vote whether we want to allow 12 or 14.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
ok.. the league has been created and I sent out PMs to all interested parties. Let me know if you didn't receive yours.

As I said before, anyone who is interested in joining and has not yet posted here or PM'd me... let me know asap.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
BUMP! not everyone is signed up yet, and I'd still like to see 2 more teams if anyone is interested.

Also post whether you want a live draft or autopick. I figure we should have 3/4 majority to do a live draft.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
BUMP!

One of our 8 confirmed has still not signed up, and we still have room for at least 2 more teams if anyone is interested.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
BUMP!

who is "WORST TEAM EVER" and who hasn't signed up yet?

still have room for 2 or 4 more... PM me or post here if interested

wmsaunders... if you think of a team name later you can always change it.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
yet another BUMP!

Someone STILL hasn't signed up... :grrrr:
And there's still room 2 or 4 more players if anyone is interested.

Post here or PM me.