Forum Pool Playoffs...

Rael

Supper's Ready
PLAYOFFS
Top 12 scoring players compete in a single elimination bracket until there is a Super Bowl winner. Seed 1 competes against seed 11 or 12, seed 2 against seed 9 or 10, and so forth (see attachment). I’ll rank all 12 by the regular season overall score (division winners are guaranteed seeds 1 – 4). If needed, I’ll use tiebreakers one at a time in the following order until the seeds are all established (this will also apply for tiebreakers for each round when needed):

1. Cumulative playoff points (n/a for seeding)
2. Total number of regular season five point picks
3. Total regular season raw score
4. Coin toss

The top 4 seeds get first round byes, but will also need to turn in picks for that first round (I will track cumulative points for tiebreaker purposes only, they won’t count toward advancement unless it’s a tiebreaker). Each round starts with zero points between competing players, so players must win against the opponent each round in order to advance. Picks must be PM’d to me by midnight Friday prior to that week's game(s)--(PM only, please). I’ll post everybody’s once I get all of them. Players who pick after Friday midnight prior to the games or don’t pick will forfeit.

WILDCARD AND DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS (ROUNDS 1 AND 2)
Four games for each of the first two weeks. I’ll post the line and total points for each game. You’ll have 8 choices to make each week (four team picks and four total points scored over/under the listed total). After making your eight picks, assign a weight to each of them from eight (your most confident pick) down to one (your least confident pick). 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 must all be assigned. All I need from you is your team pick, your over/under, and the weight you assigned to each.

CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFFS (ROUND 3)
Two games, 8 selections per game.

- GAME 1
1. Team pick (5 points)
2. Half-time over/under (2 points)
3. Game final over/under (2 points)
4. First team to score (2 points)
5. First team to turnover (2 points)
6. First team to sack the other (2 points)
7. First team to get penalized (2 points)
8. Last team to score (3 points)

- GAME 2
1. Team pick (10 points)
2. Half-time over/under (2 points)
3. Game final over/under (2 points)
4. First team to score (2 points)
5. First team to turnover (2 points)
6. First team to sack the other (2 points)
7. First team to get penalized (2 points)
8. Last team to score (3 points)

SUPER BOWL

More to follow on what criteria will be used. I’ll use something like the championship round with a few other possible point opportunities (tiebreakers).

Let me know if you’re confoozed, or if I'm missing something you think needs to be changed.

:buddies:

2009 Draft Playoff Bracket.jpg

Rael

Supper's Ready
Also, if you don't want to be in the playoffs (much like me not wanting to organize it :lol:), post it so I can move someone else up into the bracket that does want in. Thanks.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Bracket...

After the final scorecard...

2009 Playoff bracket Jets.jpg

Glad I set it up with tiebreakers, it was very close. In a couple of cases, I had to toss a coin. :lol:

I'll start another thread with next week's numbers as soon as I can this week. They'll be due Friday midnight.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
How is Buddy the 3 and me 11 if we tied for the division lead? Not that it makes any difference :lol:

Rael

Supper's Ready
How is Buddy the 3 and me 11 if we tied for the division lead? Not that it makes any difference :lol:

He won your division (so was guaranteed a 1-4 seed), and you were ranked against all of the others based on score, fivers, and raw score totals against the others.

Pete

Repete
He won your division (so was guaranteed a 1-4 seed), and you were ranked against all of the others based on score, fivers, and raw score totals against the others.

Yea but we both had the same cumulative points, I had a better raw pick record. Is it that he had 1 more 5er?

Beta84

They're out to get us
so seeds 1 and 2 face off in the semfinals and seeds 3 and 4 face off in the semifinals instead of 1-4 vs 2-3? Or should the 2 and 4 brackets be swapped?

Rael

Supper's Ready
Yea but we both had the same cumulative points, I had a better raw pick record. Is it that he had 1 more 5er?

After the 4 division winners were seeded 1-4, that left:
5. DoWhat (173)
6. dems (172)
7. Larry (169)
8. kom (166)
9. Tilted (166)
10. Jolly (165)
11. Pete (164)

Rael

Supper's Ready
so seeds 1 and 2 face off in the semfinals and seeds 3 and 4 face off in the semifinals instead of 1-4 vs 2-3? Or should the 2 and 4 brackets be swapped?

Didn't see this. Probably makes sense to do it that way. I just don't want to spend too much more time on it. Changes confuse people. :lol:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Didn't see this. Probably makes sense to do it that way. I just don't want to spend too much more time on it. Changes confuse people. :lol:

I feel for you.
People beotch about everything.
Thanks for doing what you are doing.

Are you going to do it next year too?

homedepot20

I was playing this for fun , waiting for Nascar to begin again ! How the h #@# :confused: :shocked: I won my division , seeded 4 , and a 1st round bye must be a omen that maybe I'll win the Nascar fantasy league .:yahoo: