Fostering mom and babies

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I am fostering a mom and her 5 babies. Mom was found as a stray, picked up by animal control and taken to a shelter where she had her pups before a rescue pulled her and I ended up with her. Mom is a hound/ setter mix of some kind, and I'm not sure what the babies are but they are fairly large for the size of mom, who is probably around 30-40 pounds. Three of the babies are blonde and look like labs. Two of the babies are black and white (tuxedo-ish). All will be available in a few weeks and will be fully vetted, spayed/ neutered, and vaccinated. I am trying to find them great homes before they go back to the shelter. If you are interested in adopting one, please let me know!!

Vrai, if this is not an acceptable post, just let me know. :)

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
I am fostering a mom and her 5 babies. Mom was found as a stray, picked up by animal control and taken to a shelter where she had her pups before a rescue pulled her and I ended up with her. Mom is a hound/ setter mix of some kind, and I'm not sure what the babies are but they are fairly large for the size of mom, who is probably around 30-40 pounds. Three of the babies are blonde and look like labs. Two of the babies are black and white (tuxedo-ish). All will be available in a few weeks and will be fully vetted, spayed/ neutered, and vaccinated. I am trying to find them great homes before they go back to the shelter. If you are interested in adopting one, please let me know!!

Do you by chance have any pictures?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Do you by chance have any pictures?
Here is a group picture. BABIES GROUPED.jpg

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
thanks so much for posting a picture. Has the female been spoken for yet and what will you be asking for these babies. They are beautiful!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
thanks so much for posting a picture. Has the female been spoken for yet and what will you be asking for these babies. They are beautiful!
The female has a hold. If that changes, I can let you know. The adoption fee is typically $200 through the Calvert County Humane Society, which will include vaccines, microchip and spay/neuter.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

Vrai LOVES dogs and cats, so you're good. Glad you were able to take care of them! Which shelter do they go back to? can you post some pics and I can send them around to see if anyone is interested in a pup. What's going to happen to the Momma dog?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Vrai LOVES dogs and cats, so you're good. Glad you were able to take care of them! Which shelter do they go back to? can you post some pics and I can send them around to see if anyone is interested in a pup. What's going to happen to the Momma dog?

WHOOPS I see the pics now.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
The female has a hold. If that changes, I can let you know. The adoption fee is typically $200 through the Calvert County Humane Society, which will include vaccines, microchip and spay/neuter.

Well worth the$200 for all the vet work they have done. Just heard from a lady at work who paid almost $450 for her vet to spay/shots etc. a new puppy. :yikes:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My Dane's spay alone was more than that and just her antibiotic AFTER surgery cost me $117.

I had my female Rottie done when she was an adult at about 125 lbs. She was so big the regular vet wouldn't do it, so we had to take her to the VCA Hospital in Upper Marlboro and that was close to $500. It's always less expensive to get it done when they are young and weigh less in terms of big breeds.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!

Okay, thank you and yes, please let me know if anything changes regarding the female. Thanks again :)

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I had my female Rottie done when she was an adult at about 125 lbs. She was so big the regular vet wouldn't do it, so we had to take her to the VCA Hospital in Upper Marlboro and that was close to $500. It's always less expensive to get it done when they are young and weigh less in terms of big breeds.

That's a good deal on a spay for a dog of that size. VCA wanted to charge me just shy of $1K for my Dane. We didn't use them.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
That's a good deal on a spay for a dog of that size. VCA wanted to charge me just shy of $1K for my Dane. We didn't use them.

Today I am sure I'd pay WAY MORE. When we had that done it was probably back in mid/late 90's? I should have mentioned that before. We did however get s $25 discount via some lower cost deal. Just like with humans going into surgery, they required blood work on her which in itself was another $100-something.