Found a neat little island kayaking

While kayaking in St George creek, I found a really cool little island. Just off of Drayden. I wonder who it belongs to? I would guess its about 1.5 to 2 acres. Just woods. My Dad said back in the 40's a guy lived there in a hut for a while.

N 38.14206 W 76.49295

Told a friend I was gonna move there and create my own state :killingme

tax assessor can't get there :killingme

glhs837

Power with Control
results

This one? Looks like its an island depending on tides. And Rachelle Millison owns that whole 180 acre parcel

Last edited:

hardcore

Creation=Creator, Logic
While kayaking in St George creek, I found a really cool little island. Just off of Drayden. I wonder who it belongs to? I would guess its about 1.5 to 2 acres. Just woods. My Dad said back in the 40's a guy lived there in a hut for a while.

N 38.14206 W 76.49295

Told a friend I was gonna move there and create my own state :killingme

tax assessor can't get there :killingme

Too cool i need to check it out, is it deep enought to get there by small boat?

I went there last weekend, would be a cool spot to camp overnight. A few old sunken boats you can see if you look closely in google to the right.

I'm thinking I'd like to leave a "sorta geocache" there just a log book for people to sign... see how many pass through...

Still fun to sit there under the holly trees and imagine living there...

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
The name of the island is "Tippity Witchity", if it's the same place that I'm thinking of.

I used to belong to the St. Mary's College Canoe & Kayak club and we'd canoe out to Tippity Witchity and go camping there. Not sure if you can still do that.

hardcore

Creation=Creator, Logic
I went there last weekend, would be a cool spot to camp overnight. A few old sunken boats you can see if you look closely in google to the right.

I'm thinking I'd like to leave a "sorta geocache" there just a log book for people to sign... see how many pass through...

Still fun to sit there under the holly trees and imagine living there...

awesome idea for the log sign in!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
About 12 years ago I took my hovercraft 'around' that little island..hovered on across where it is (or at least was) barely conected to mainland with marsh.

The 'island' the really intrigues me as a candidate for setting up an independent state is Cherryfield Point. Not officially an island because the big chunk of wooded land is still connected to the rest by swamp marsh..but its effectively an island. I'm staring wistfully at it as I type..its straight across the creek from my office window.

Tippity Witchity is much larger..and inhabited. ;-)

The name of the island is "Tippity Witchity", if it's the same place that I'm thinking of.

I used to belong to the St. Mary's College Canoe & Kayak club and we'd canoe out to Tippity Witchity and go camping there. Not sure if you can still do that.

Not the same one... but the camping idea is cool! I think someone actually lives on Tippity Witchity now.

About 12 years ago I took my hovercraft 'around' that little island..hovered on across where it is (or at least was) barely conected to mainland with marsh.

The 'island' the really intrigues me as a candidate for setting up an independent state is Cherryfield Point. Not officially an island because the big chunk of wooded land is still connected to the rest by swamp marsh..but its effectively an island. I'm staring wistfully at it as I type..its straight across the creek from my office window.

Tippity Witchity is much larger..and inhabited. ;-)

If you are facing the creek.. then this little island is just to the left of cherryfield point ... on Taylor's point.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If you are facing the creek.. then this little island is just to the left of cherryfield point ... on Taylor's point.

I know..see my earlier post about driving my hovercraft around it some years ago. I can't see the one you are talking about unless I'm standing on the pier though..

somdshootnet

Nope, your a few miles off . Tippity Wichity is in the north side cove.

left a plastic box with the log book & a lawn chair I found washed up in the cove lol.... now you can sit and write !

Attachments

• i1.jpg
    i1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 75
  • i2.jpg
    i2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited: