found bird egg

lilredhearts

Someone in my office found a bird egg outside in the grass under our bird feeder. I was out sick yesterday & returned this morning to this egg in a cup on my desk. i have no idea what to do with it. Im not sure if anything is alive inside of it i have no clue. Any suggestions? By the way the egg is a light teal color with brown spots on it. Hellppp

Cowgirl

Someone in my office found a bird egg outside in the grass under our bird feeder. I was out sick yesterday & returned this morning to this egg in a cup on my desk. i have no idea what to do with it. Im not sure if anything is alive inside of it i have no clue. Any suggestions? By the way the egg is a light teal color with brown spots on it. Hellppp

It depends. If it was just layed and they found it, it could probably still be incubated. If the embryo had begun to develop, it's probably not viable anymore. The temp is probably too low in your office for it to have stayed alive. My guess is that something was wrong with the egg, and the mom kicked it out of the nest.

lilredhearts

Thank you for you response. there is no nests around where it was found. i gusse ill keep it warm for a few days and see what happens..

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Mockingbird egg

Attachments

• egg.jpg
    egg.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 152

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Sometimes birds will "lay" eggs where ever if they aren't fertilized (sp). We found 6 goose eggs in our yard a few weeks ago... Haven't seen any babies yet, not looking good this year...

lilredhearts

yupp thats it :) thanks.

Maybe thats what happened with this little guy.. personally i dont think theres a chance but ill keep it warm for a few days since everyones so concerned about it.... at leaset i tried ...

D

dems4me

yupp thats it :) thanks.

Maybe thats what happened with this little guy.. personally i dont think theres a chance but ill keep it warm for a few days since everyones so concerned about it.... at leaset i tried ...

You may need to give it a little humidity too. :shrug: Can you candle it any to see whats in there? :shrug:

4lablover

paler blue eggs trying to identify

I've had nests in my front porch door wreath each spring - 4-5 pale blue eggs with brown or black spots - anyone know if these are house sparrow - look like the mockingbird ones but paler -can't ever seem to see the parents.

Attachments

• DSCN3799.jpg
    DSCN3799.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 121