found dog off newtown neck road

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
Looking at his teeth I'd say he's between 5-7 (but I am not an expert by any means). He's not very tall.

He moves slow, don't know if he's stiff w/arthritis, or maybe got bumped by a car or just walked for a long time. He's in good shape, his coat is clean, not covered in fleas although he was covered in ticks which I pulled a number off him and then put Frontline on him.

He's not eating much of anything, only interested so far in the small milk bones. He walks great on a leash. He appears to be crate trained, he walked right in and laid down so he's inside under air conditioning and not out in the nasty weather.

Attachments

• StrangerSmall.jpg
    StrangerSmall.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 121

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Looking at his teeth I'd say he's between 5-7 (but I am not an expert by any means). He's not very tall.

He moves slow, don't know if he's stiff w/arthritis, or maybe got bumped by a car or just walked for a long time. He's in good shape, his coat is clean, not covered in fleas although he was covered in ticks which I pulled a number off him and then put Frontline on him.

He's not eating much of anything, only interested so far in the small milk bones. He walks great on a leash. He appears to be crate trained, he walked right in and laid down so he's inside under air conditioning and not out in the nasty weather.

:huggy:... thanks for taking him in :love:

I would worry about Lyme.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
I would worry about Lyme.

If we find his owner that will be my recommendation is to get him tested. They were all small ticks, I would say I got at least 20-25 of the little suckers off before he finally got tired of me picking at him...

If we don't find his owner, well then that will be our first order of business!

He has to have an owner though, he's just too good!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
If we find his owner that will be my recommendation is to get him tested. They were all small ticks, I would say I got at least 20-25 of the little suckers off before he finally got tired of me picking at him...

If we don't find his owner, well then that will be our first order of business!

He has to have an owner though, he's just too good!

:love:

you are awesome for looking after him till you find the owner.... Thanks :love:

Roman

He is a cutie, and like ICit says, thanks for caring for him. Did you check to see if he is micro chipped? It's free. Just take him to your Vet for a scan. Good Luck.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Do you have Facebook? You could post this there. Or give me what info you want someone to contact you at and I'll post it for you. Kudos for taking him in. He's a cutie :)

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I just saw the post by Second Hope Rescue. I shared that on my page. I hope the owner sees or hears about it.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
I can't believe no one is looking for him! He's even good with cats and likes to cuddle when he sleeps.....

Attachments

• StrangerSleeping.jpg
    StrangerSleeping.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 131

Roman

Oh...how sweet! What are you going to do if the dog parent isn't found? I think you REALLY would like to keep him.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
What are you going to do if the dog parent isn't found? I think you REALLY would like to keep him.

I would really love to find the owner, they have put some time into this boy... it's obvious he was a pet and well cared for!

BUT, if no owner steps up, then since I already have a vested interest in him he will be up for adoption through Second Hope Rescue. AND I am here to say that whoever adopts him will be getting a great companion!

Roman

I would really love to find the owner, they have put some time into this boy... it's obvious he was a pet and well cared for!

BUT, if no owner steps up, then since I already have a vested interest in him he will be up for adoption through Second Hope Rescue. AND I am here to say that whoever adopts him will be getting a great companion!
About 25 years ago, a dog found our side porch, and never left. She was clean, no fleas or collar, and very well trained. A super dog. We advertized on the local radio station, and I took her to every vet that I knew of in the tri-county area. We went on to have her until she was about 21 years old. Her age was a guestimate by the vet. There are still people that are afraid to surrender their dogs, especially bully-breeds, I guess in fear they might get euthanized, and thinking they have a better chance in finding a new home on their own. Is Second Hope Rescue the same as Waldorf Well Pet with Dr Michelle Quigley? That's a great place.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
It's true that owner surrenders, especially bullys are the first to be euthanized if they need the space. TriCounty has gotten so much better working with the bullys, trying to find rescue to take them and if someone sees one they want to adopt then the shelter reachs out to rescue to see if we can make it happen.

It's not perfect and many still die, but until people quit breeding it's not going to change.

The group in Waldorf is Second Chance. We are based in Leonardtown but we don't have a location all the dogs are in foster homes.

Roman

It's true that owner surrenders, especially bullys are the first to be euthanized if they need the space. TriCounty has gotten so much better working with the bullys, trying to find rescue to take them and if someone sees one they want to adopt then the shelter reachs out to rescue to see if we can make it happen.

It's not perfect and many still die, but until people quit breeding it's not going to change.

The group in Waldorf is Second Chance. We are based in Leonardtown but we don't have a location all the dogs are in foster homes.
Thanks for the info, and thank you also for what you do for our homeless pets!!

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
Talked to Animal Control and they haven't had any calls, have been in touch with the shelter and so far no one is looking for this boy!

Maybe his owners are on vacation and the babysitter lost him and hasn't had the balls to tell his owners in which case hopefully they will still show up.

I hate thinking that someone just "pushed him out of the car" or opened the door and said "good luck boyo you're on your own....."