Found dog

tes218

This little girl was found in the Waldorf area near Middleton Rd/RT 228 a couple of weeks ago. She was rescued from the streets and the person started looking for her owner by posting flyers and contacting vets and the shelter. So far no one has responded. The person that has her currently has 6 dogs of her own and cannot keep her. We would love to find someone that can foster her until a new home can be found or keep her themselves. She is small but looks like a German Shepherd. I haven't personally seen her but the person that has her thinks she may be a little older. Due to that we would really love to prevent her from having to go to the shelter as her chance of adoption would be slimmer. I know most on here are not from the Waldorf area but just in case someone may know who owns her or would be willing to take her I thought I would post here. At the time she was picked up she was very thin so she may have been lost for awhile or dropped. She may not even be from the Waldorf area originally.

Anything anyone can do is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20130102_133744.jpg
    20130102_133744.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 20130102_133757.jpg
    20130102_133757.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 174

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
This little girl was found in the Waldorf area near Middleton Rd/RT 228 a couple of weeks ago. She was rescued from the streets and the person started looking for her owner by posting flyers and contacting vets and the shelter. So far no one has responded. The person that has her currently has 6 dogs of her own and cannot keep her. We would love to find someone that can foster her until a new home can be found or keep her themselves. She is small but looks like a German Shepherd. I haven't personally seen her but the person that has her thinks she may be a little older. Due to that we would really love to prevent her from having to go to the shelter as her chance of adoption would be slimmer. I know most on here are not from the Waldorf area but just in case someone may know who owns her or would be willing to take her I thought I would post here. At the time she was picked up she was very thin so she may have been lost for awhile or dropped. She may not even be from the Waldorf area originally.

Anything anyone can do is appreciated.

she does look like GSD and cattle dog....

hope she can find someone.

acommondisaster

Have you had any interest? Is she getting along well with the other dogs? Does she get along with the other dogs at feeding time?

tes218

Have you had any interest? Is she getting along well with the other dogs? Does she get along with the other dogs at feeding time?

Hi,
No interest yet. I'm trying to contact the lady that has her to see how she is with the other dogs and kids. Haven't heard anything for two days. Hopefully that doesn't mean she was been brought to the shelter already.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Hi, thanks for asking. Sadly, the lady that found her is not responding to my emails anymore. Not sure why. I've looked at the shelter photos of strays but don't see her listed.

Not all the dogs at the shelter end up in the pictures. Plus if she was older, they may have chosen to put her down if they didn't have space to hold her past the "stray" time.

It's possible she placed the dog with someone though?

tes218

Not all the dogs at the shelter end up in the pictures. Plus if she was older, they may have chosen to put her down if they didn't have space to hold her past the "stray" time.

It's possible she placed the dog with someone though?

Update on the dog: Seems the lady that found her and I have a mutual friend and they are open to taking her in. Hopefully their other dog will be ok with it. The lady really likes her and was having a hard time giving her up. They think she may be 10-12 years old and starting to go blind. Hopefully this will be a great happy ending.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Update on the dog: Seems the lady that found her and I have a mutual friend and they are open to taking her in. Hopefully their other dog will be ok with it. The lady really likes her and was having a hard time giving her up. They think she may be 10-12 years old and starting to go blind. Hopefully this will be a great happy ending.

what a lucky doggie :biggrin: