Found parakeet

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
It's not hurt is it??:frown:

I love my keets. The 'lil basturds are so entertaining.

GOod luck finding the owner.. If your don't, he can come live with mine.

Beelzebaby666 said:
It's not hurt is it??:frown:

I love my keets. The 'lil basturds are so entertaining.

GOod luck finding the owner.. If your don't, he can come live with mine.

My parents found him at their house. He didn't seem to be hurt. My Dad just emailed me a pic of him. He's very pretty!

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Well, I have 4. The first three, Jack, Will and Louise were dumped on my by a nut a few months ago and since them my daughter has fallen in love. We bought Thelma thinking that she would buddy up with Louise, but I fear that she may be a male and LOUISE HATES EVERYONE anyway so it was pointless.

You'r bird doesn't have a band on his foot by chance, does it? That way you can find out who he/she is and where he came from.

Beelzebaby666 said:
Well, I have 4. The first three, Jack, Will and Louise were dumped on my by a nut a few months ago and since them my daughter has fallen in love. We bought Thelma thinking that she would buddy up with Louise, but I fear that she may be a male and LOUISE HATES EVERYONE anyway so it was pointless.

You'r bird doesn't have a band on his foot by chance, does it? That way you can find out who he/she is and where he came from.

The bird does have a band. My parents cannot take care of a bird, nor do they want to. They called Petco and they gave them three numbers of bird rescues. The first two were disconnected and the third was a wrong number. My parents ended up taking the bird to the PG County shelter.

Will they be able to track the owner by the band on its leg?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Maybe it was a carrier Parakeet and the band has directions for the next Al Queada attack..

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Speedy70 said:
The bird does have a band. My parents cannot take care of a bird, nor do they want to. They called Petco and they gave them three numbers of bird rescues. The first two were disconnected and the third was a wrong number. My parents ended up taking the bird to the PG County shelter.

Will they be able to track the owner by the band on its leg?

I doubt that they will and the poor thing probably won't have much of a chance. Did you try the link I sent you?

cattitude said:
I doubt that they will and the poor thing probably won't have much of a chance. Did you try the link I sent you?

I searched that site and didn't see where anyone was missing a bird that fit the description of this one.

My parents called me later last night and told me they had taken him to the shelter. :shrug:

Cowgirl

Beezlebaby, quick! Go get him!! :clap:

My mother once lost her beloved co ckatiel....he flew out the door when someone opened it. She was heartbroken. We put out signs and ads, and we got a call that someone found it. We went to see the bird, and it didn't look like mom's.....but we took it anyways. It wasn't as friendly as mom's, but she wanted to keep it. We didn't see any signs of anyone else missing one.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
:frown: I would have taken him in a minute.

PG is a bit far to drive for the off chance that the bird will be available. Plus they' probably want twice what he was worth for adoption:ohwell:

I really hope the little guy will be ok:sniffle: