Found this...dont know what it is.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
My parents found this, I was wondering if yall nice folks could help me figure out what it is. I have it narrowed down to 2 different ones. A Northern Red salamander and a Eastern Mud Salamander both can be found in st.marys county.

Eastern Mud Salamander - Salamanders & Newts - Discover Maryland's Herps - Wildlife and Heritage Service - Maryland Department of Natural Resources

Northern Red Salamander - Salamanders & Newts - Discover Maryland's Herps - Wildlife and Heritage Service - Maryland Department of Natural Resources

Attachments

• IMG_NEW.jpg
    IMG_NEW.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 493

kk2187

Red salamander lists orange as a possible color while the other one is red to brown in color.. And then the eyes differentiate. Can't tell from the picture if they're brown or gold.

But I'd guess red salamander based on the spot comparisons.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Red salamander lists orange as a possible color while the other one is red to brown in color.. And then the eyes differentiate. Can't tell from the picture if they're brown or gold.

But I'd guess red salamander based on the spot comparisons.

I was just told by someone who works for DNR that it is a Northern Red. It would have been awesome if it was a Eastern Mud because that is a threatened species.