FOX News ad: Cheap shot at MSNBC?

S

somdebay

I like Fox 5 DC prime time, American Idol comes on again Tuesday...I'm done with the feuding T.V. stations, they all give me the basic facts and I draw my own conclusion.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
I'm still new to Maryland so I haven't found a local news station I like yet.

I stopped watching the 6:30 network news a LOOONG time ago. Didn't like their slant. (But that's just me)

I do prefer FoxNews over CNN and MSNBC. *LOL at Andy* Right wing psycho? I don't think FoxNews is THAT bad. O'Reilly IS a bit of a bigmouth egofreak I'll grant you that one...but Colmes....DUDE. PLEASE don't tell me he represents Democrats in general. Half the time I want to break my TV when he's on.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Severa said:

I stopped watching the 6:30 network news a LOOONG time ago. Didn't like their slant. (But that's just me)

I do prefer FoxNews over CNN and MSNBC. *LOL at Andy* Right wing psycho? I don't think FoxNews is THAT bad. O'Reilly IS a bit of a bigmouth egofreak I'll grant you that one...but Colmes....DUDE. PLEASE don't tell me he represents Democrats in general. Half the time I want to break my TV when he's on.

Hannity dominates the program! Alan Colmes is the only liberal on that channel. O'Reilly is a conservative - has an entire hour. Shep Smith is a conservative and has two hours (Studio B and FOX Report). By the way, They brand certain reports "We Report, You Decide" and anytime I see that, I just think "So every other report on there is biased?"

And what about Neil Cavuto and John Gibson. Also conservatives. Bill Hemmer. I can't attack Brit Hume because he's generally pretty fair about his presentation. I just wish FOX would admit they're a conservative based network and move on with it.

Where as MSNBC has Keith Olbermann, Don Imus who are open liberals and Joe Scarborough and Tucker Carlson who are Reagan conservatives. Everything else on MSNBC is 3 year old Dateline repeats.

And at least MSNBC and Olbermann have the decency to label commentary as such.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Severa said:

Oh, Abc7's the best, I think. I like Alison Starling. FOX5 is decent but they're getting back to their old overdramatic reports like they did before their relaunch.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
I just wish FOX would admit they're a conservative based network and move on with it.

*LOL* I'll grant you that they are conservative based, but I doubt they'll ever admit to it.

I do want to ask you something as a Democrat. Who in your mind is the best spokesman for your party? Cause I listen to some Democrats and I think they're out of their ever lovin' minds. Like Robert Byrd.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Severa said:
*LOL* I'll grant you that they are conservative based, but I doubt they'll ever admit to it.

I do want to ask you something as a Democrat. Who in your mind is the best spokesman for your party? Cause I listen to some Democrats and I think they're out of their ever lovin' minds. Like Robert Byrd.

I personally like Steny Hoyer and Barak Obama. :yay:

I also think Bill O'Reilly is a great party spokesperson. Whenever he makes one of his outrageous comments such as he wishes Katrina hit New York, he brings conservatives a bad name. Keith Olbermann is also a great party spokesperson - hell, congressmen are taking lines from his special comments. I also like Wes Clark and Dennis Kucinich.

PsyOps

Pixelated
AndyMarquisLIVE said:

I also think Bill O'Reilly is a great party spokesperson. Whenever he makes one of his outrageous comments such as he wishes Katrina hit New York, he brings conservatives a bad name. Keith Olbermann is also a great party spokesperson - hell, congressmen are taking lines from his special comments. I also like Wes Clark and Dennis Kucinich.
O'Reilly is a great spokesman for which party? This is where you show how misinformed you are. O'Reilly is NOT a republican. He leans conservative on many issues but has many left wing traits (i.e. stem cell research, abortion, etc...). He has been extremely critical of Bush in this war.

What about Greta (is she a leftie or rightie)? Bulls and Bears is split down the middle. Fox and Friends is split down the middle. Beltway Boys is split down the middle. Cashin' In is split down the middle. If you honestly watched the channel you would know their interviews and reports are quite balanced. They typically have both sides represented. There are instances where the right is only voiced and there are instances where the left is only voiced. This hardly defines them and right leaning. The fact that they actually report things from all angles is a problem for you liberals. You have become too accustomed to CNN feeding you the same old left-wing wash that when the other side is actually brought out you are shocked and outraged.

Regardless of which way Fox slants they pull larger audiences, BY FAR, than any other news network. People CHOSE to tune in for a reason. Because the other networks stink.

CrashTest

AndyMarquisLIVE said:

Olberman is a great spokesman for the Dems which is why you'll never hear an opposing view point on his MSNBC show. After Bush's Iraq speach, he had 4 "guests". That's great except that all of them shared the same viewpoint (Bush is an idiot and his plan won't work). OK Keith, we get it already. Limbaugh and Coulter are wacko but at least they admit how far right they are. Olbermann tries to come across an a serious non-partisan. Does he actually think he's fooling anyone?

Pete

Repete
What is it you want? :confused: Of course it is a shot at MSNBC and CNN and NBC and CBS and all the rest of the media. They are competitors, all after the same viewers, the same advertising money. I think you flatter MSNBC thinking they are such a threat that FNC targeted them specifically. I mean please, how hard it it to draw someone away from a 3 year old Dateline episode about a chihuahua named Pedro that made a journey home from 500 miles away after he fell out of the family station wagon?

Bill O'Reily, just like your idol Olbermann is a commentator. They do not report news, they comment and opine on it just like Hannity and Combs. Where Fox differs is that not every story is negative to Bush and the GOP, and not every story is written portraying them from a negative viewpoint. CNN or MSNBC could do a story about Pedro the lost chihuahua and in the end they would elude to perhaps the reason Pedro was lost was because Bush veto'd some bill that had a rider on it that would require dog proof netting on station wagon windows. Negative negative negative all negative all the time.

I think they have a balanced delivery of the news, I also believe they have more conservative commentators than liberal ones. Why? Because that is what America wants and the rating proove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. If the general public wanted to listen to negative back biting hack all the time MSNBC would not be down to the last roll of toilet paper along with CNBC and the rest of the George Soros poser news vehicles.

AndyMarquisLIVE

CrashTest said:
Olberman is a great spokesman for the Dems which is why you'll never hear an opposing view point on his MSNBC show. After Bush's Iraq speach, he had 4 "guests". That's great except that all of them shared the same viewpoint (Bush is an idiot and his plan won't work). OK Keith, we get it already. Limbaugh and Coulter are wacko but at least they admit how far right they are. Olbermann tries to come across an a serious non-partisan. Does he actually think he's fooling anyone?

Olbermann has become too partisan. Nobody can do a Special Report better than he can but when he anchors these politics events, he goes off into the anti-Bush protests. I like and enjoy his special comments but I don't like how partisan his entire show has become. Still, that doesn't reflect the rest of MSNBC.

Pete

Repete
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Olbermann has become too partisan. Nobody can do a Special Report better than he can but when he anchors these politics events, he goes off into the anti-Bush protests. I like and enjoy his special comments but I don't like how partisan his entire show has become. Still, that doesn't reflect the rest of MSNBC.
Get used to it, that is what your side does. Negative negative, snide, negative, nasty, negative

AndyMarquisLIVE

PsyOps said:
O'Reilly is a great spokesman for which party? This is where you show how misinformed you are. O'Reilly is NOT a republican. He leans conservative on many issues but has many left wing traits (i.e. stem cell research, abortion, etc...). He has been extremely critical of Bush in this war.

What about Greta (is she a leftie or rightie)? Bulls and Bears is split down the middle. Fox and Friends is split down the middle. Beltway Boys is split down the middle. Cashin' In is split down the middle. If you honestly watched the channel you would know their interviews and reports are quite balanced. They typically have both sides represented. There are instances where the right is only voiced and there are instances where the left is only voiced. This hardly defines them and right leaning. The fact that they actually report things from all angles is a problem for you liberals. You have become too accustomed to CNN feeding you the same old left-wing wash that when the other side is actually brought out you are shocked and outraged.

Regardless of which way Fox slants they pull larger audiences, BY FAR, than any other news network. People CHOSE to tune in for a reason. Because the other networks stink.

Noting that O'Reilly's ratings were propelled because of the Colbert showdown, the P2+ demo is reffered by FOX as the money demo.

10 PM P2+ (25-54)
On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteren – 1,313,000 viewers (400,000)
Anderson Cooper – 726,000 viewers (230,000)
MSNBC Special – 536,000 viewers (324,000) **Please note this ran from 10PM-12AM
Donny Deutsch – a scratch with 71,000 viewers (a scratch 16,000)
Nancy Grace – 269,000 viewers (134,000)

MSNBC's documentary was 2nd place in the demo, only 60,000 viewers behind Greta.

I try to cancel out CNN because their viewers are mostly the nursing home Larry King viewers. Here's another night:

8PM - P2+ (25-54)
O’Reilly Factor – 2,499,000 viewers (454,000)
Paula Zahn– 733,000 viewers (260,000)
Countdown w/ Olbermann – 704,000 viewers (282,000)
Fast Money – a scratch with 63,000 viewers (a scratch with 28,000)
Nancy Grace – 514,000 viewers (180,000)

Once more noting that O'Reilly's numbers have doubled since his war on NBC began.

Pete

Repete
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Noting that O'Reilly's ratings were propelled because of the Colbert showdown, the P2+ demo is reffered by FOX as the money demo.

10 PM P2+ (25-54)
On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteren – 1,313,000 viewers (400,000)
Anderson Cooper – 726,000 viewers (230,000)
MSNBC Special – 536,000 viewers (324,000) **Please note this ran from 10PM-12AM
Donny Deutsch – a scratch with 71,000 viewers (a scratch 16,000)
Nancy Grace – 269,000 viewers (134,000)

MSNBC's documentary was 2nd place in the demo, only 60,000 viewers behind Greta.

I try to cancel out CNN because their viewers are mostly the nursing home Larry King viewers. Here's another night:

8PM - P2+ (25-54)
O’Reilly Factor – 2,499,000 viewers (454,000)
Paula Zahn– 733,000 viewers (260,000)
Countdown w/ Olbermann – 704,000 viewers (282,000)
Fast Money – a scratch with 63,000 viewers (a scratch with 28,000)
Nancy Grace – 514,000 viewers (180,000)

Once more noting that O'Reilly's numbers have doubled since his war on NBC began.
Quit making excuses. Second place is the first loser. When was the last time one of the libby news networks beat FNC in a prime time slot?

SmallTown

Football season!
Pete said:
What is it you want? :confused: Of course it is a shot at MSNBC and CNN and NBC and CBS and all the rest of the media. They are competitors, all after the same viewers, the same advertising money. I think you flatter MSNBC thinking they are such a threat that FNC targeted them specifically. I mean please, how hard it it to draw someone away from a 3 year old Dateline episode about a chihuahua named Pedro that made a journey home from 500 miles away after he fell out of the family station wagon?

SECAUCUS, NJ - January 3, 2007 - MSNBC was the only cable news network to increase viewership in both total viewers and the key 25-54 demographic in 2006. The network was up 8% in total viewers (263,000) and 12% in the 25-54 demographic (111,000), according to Nielsen Media Research data. In total viewers CNN (-7%), Fox News Channel (-14%) and Headline News (-7%) were all down in 2006. The trend continued in primetime, with MSNBC posting a 6% gain in total viewers (385,000) and an 8% increase in the demo (159,000). CNN lost 12% of its primetime audience, Fox News Channel was down 20% and Headline News dipped 4% for the year in primetime.

never underestimate the power of the chihuahua :shrug:

Pete

Repete
SmallTown said:
SECAUCUS, NJ - January 3, 2007 - MSNBC was the only cable news network to increase viewership in both total viewers and the key 25-54 demographic in 2006. The network was up 8% in total viewers (263,000) and 12% in the 25-54 demographic (111,000), according to Nielsen Media Research data. In total viewers CNN (-7%), Fox News Channel (-14%) and Headline News (-7%) were all down in 2006. The trend continued in primetime, with MSNBC posting a 6% gain in total viewers (385,000) and an 8% increase in the demo (159,000). CNN lost 12% of its primetime audience, Fox News Channel was down 20% and Headline News dipped 4% for the year in primetime.

Stone Phillips groupies :lol:

Kerad

Who freakin' cares what commercials FOX News shows, or which network has more viewers at any given minute? Watch whichever network you prefer. watch 'em both, watch neitther...so what? as long as the network you prefer does well enough to keep the shows you prefer to watch on the air... everybody's happy.

Heck, I'm really enjoying Bill O'Reilly's (and FOX NEWS', in general) whining over Olbermann, and MSNBC. O'Reliiy is obviously concerned about something, or else Olbermann wouldn't be the main focus of his attention.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Pete said:
Quit making excuses. Second place is the first loser. When was the last time one of the libby news networks beat FNC in a prime time slot?

9-11-06, MSNBC beat CNN and FOX in the money demo. Alos, on weekends, MSNBC generally beats CNN and FOX in the key demos. There was also one night in December that Countdown beat O'Reilly in the 25-54 demo.

AndyMarquisLIVE

SmallTown said:

Bill O'Reilly's a part of MSNBC's new viewership. Notice his show is usually taped. He has to make it home in time to see Olbermann. :killingme