Fox News Poll: Record support for Trump impeachment

PsyOps

Pixelated
Same sex marriage, for one, and you even noted that in your post.

It becomes a liberal trait when the person proposes to force their beliefs on you, or that you are forced to comply with their thinking. Conservatives support gay marriage as a freedom to choose or not choose outside of government force. A huge difference. Those who call themselves conservative when demanding government ban gay marriage aren't conservative; they are dictators.

We've had this conversation many times... I am against gay marriage on a personal level. I am against abortion on a personal level. But, I do not support the government banning those things simply because I am against it. I believe that's what distuigishes a true conservative from a conservative in name only.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I guess it depends on what you consider "liberal" and how you separate that from "progressive" or even "Democrat". Classic liberals believe in controlling illegal immigration; progressives are in favor of open borders. Classic liberals didn't believe in banning everything that isn't politically advantageous to them; progressives do. Classic liberals acknowledge abortion as an unfortunate reality and want to keep it rare, safe, and legal; progressives are the ones who dreamed up partial-birth abortion and are clamoring to kill inconvenient newborns.

Classic liberals have never wanted to force people to believe as they do; that's progressives you're thinking of.

And it's an important distinction. If we're going to label things, we should at least know what those labels mean. Liberal ≠ progressive.

We agree on this. I suppose on gay marriage you could call Tucker a 'classic liberal'. On abortion... not. I think you'd agree it's pretty dumb to classify someone as strictly conservative or liberal. Tucker is conservative on most issues. Tucker is supportive of gay marriage, period. I am only supportive from that standpoint that it's none of my business and I don't want the government dictating their lives. My faith dictates my thoughts on it, that it's a sin. But I don't point a judgmental finger at gays. I have relatives and friends who I love deeply who are gay. I went to visit an old male friend who died from cancer, who was married to another man. I went to show my for him and for his loss. I am writing a song in dedication to my friend. The two - my disagreement with the gay lifestyle and holding no judgment for it - can co-exist. THAT is the tolerance that exists in true conservatives, unlike those on the far left; who have no tolerance for anyone who disagrees with them.

awpitt

Main Streeter
So in your opinion, where the opposition party holds the house and senate, and doesn't like the election outcome, they should attempt to overturn the election results through impeachment and removal?

... and we should expect this in perpetuity?

Wonderful plan. :yay: :yay:

No.