France criticizes US 'occupation' of Haiti

Are We "Occuping" Haiti ?

• NO

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Yes: Just till the Assistance is given out ... (maybe 6 months)

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Yeah we will be there a while ...

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vince

It doesn't matter what the US does, some other country will find fault. Surprised Obama isn't on the news agreeing with France and kissing their azz.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I saw Chavez raving about the "invasion" last night. The frogs are in really good company with this.

If the frogs want to take over the job, come on over and do it. Otherwise, STFU.

We need to remember this next time those effete cowards need us to save them.

Pushrod

Patriot
Well, we haven't begun building settlements for our citizens their yet, or kicked out the established govenment and set up our own, so under that definition, we are not occupying that country. If you use the being 'present in' definition, then, yes, we are temporarily occupying the country as we distribute goods and sevices and check rioting, but so does the entire U.N.

What I think is hilarious, is that I heard yesterday that plans with relief aid on board were having trouble getting in to land because of all the politicians who are flying in for picture taking sessions and blocking the runways with their private jets.

Pushrod

Patriot
I also heard actor Danny Glover stating (with his arm around Chavez) that this disaster was caused by global warming and the U.S. not signing the Keto protocol. What a doofus!

T

toppick08

I also heard actor Danny Glover stating (with his arm around Chavez) that this disaster was caused by global warming and the U.S. not signing the Keto protocol. What a doofus!

Danny should be glad smoke is black.........:lol:

Toxick

Splat

It's so true that earthquakes are extremely subject to the weather patterns. Everyone know that. Everyone who has common sense knows it!

Danny Glover is a ####ing genius, and I'm glad he's saying what we're all thinking!

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
They have to point the finger at us - that way no one pays attention to the historical record of France's misuse of people, slaves and the tax imposed on Haiti by them that impoverished the 'french' side for 200 years. To many google searches on Haiti's history is making them look bad I guess.

glhs837

Power with Control
Hmm, if only there were examples of the US occupying other countries to show how we treat folks........examples the French could personally draw on....nah, what am I talking about, crazy, I know..... :bigwhoop:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Personally, I don't give rat's azz what France says. What difference does it make?

If Haiti says we're "occupying" them, then we should leave.

glhs837

Power with Control
In fairness, France does have some street cred when it comes to being occupied.

Both for good and bad. One group had to be driven out at gun point, twice:) The other group left nicely once they drove out the first.

Wheres that story of the old WWII veteran who was harrassed by a French Customs agent, berating the old man for not having his passport ready

"Have you been to France before, sir?"

"Why yes, I have"

"Then you should know that all visitors to France need to show a passport"

"Last time I came to France, sonny, on the beaches of Normandy, there were no Frenchmen to show it to"

MMDad

Lem Putt
The last time 100,000 Haitians were killed is when they dared to revolt against their French slavemasters. Hmmmmm.......