Frank Larson is Here....

juliusb

One man that does his homework and does it well. He is always different and always correct when he speaks. We could use more people like him in politics.

ANDY ROONEY !

A few weeks back, Andy Rooney, on "60 Minutes", gave the following commentary.

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.
The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America.
Try to have things like the UnitedCaucasianCollege Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens.......................
............... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer.
I think killing makes you a killer.
You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts!
ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is your opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black ......................
........... that is not racial profiling ............................. it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English, clear, understandable English.
As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, to qualify, you must learn to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop.
If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, remember what I just said about speaking English.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.
We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document, and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich and I don't pity the poor.

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more.
If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.
It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid ............................. and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement.
And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"?
Besides, Africa is a continent.
I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe.
I am proud to be from America and nowhere else
And if you don't like my point of view, tough...

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

by Andy Rooney

Hope I am allowed to post this man's quote from the internet. Frank Larson

MMDad

Lem Putt
juliusb said:
One man that does his homework and does it well. He is always different and always correct when he speaks. We could use more people like him in politics.

ANDY ROONEY !

A few weeks back, Andy Rooney, on "60 Minutes", gave the following commentary.

by Andy Rooney

Hope I am allowed to post this man's quote from the internet. Frank Larson

Since Andy Rooney did not write that, you have shown your lack of knowledge. False attributions show ignorance, and you now have the title of King of the Ignorant.

Research your "facts" before posting. This has been floating around the Internet for three years, and has been debunked.

There are enough facts and truths that you could cite, but instead you choose the lazy way out. You used something that you either found on the Internet or in your email without determining if it is factual. That is laziness.

willie

Andy did say this:
Mr. Rooney disclaimed the above-quoted piece again in his 60 Minutes segment of 23 October 2005, saying of it:
There's a collection of racist and sexist remarks on the Internet under a picture of me with the caption ‘ANDY ROONEY SAID ON 60 MINUTES.’ If I could find the person who did write it using my name I would sue him.

B

Bruzilla

juliusb said:
reply: Lets great real, the wife and I shop out of county every month, not just for ourselves, but for our daughter that has her home in PG county. Our savings just in the grocery bill for the month ranges from $150.00 up. Compare that to your .50 savings on a box of cereal. I just made an out of county appliance purchase and saved $300.00. The wife and I have been doing this since 2002. How do we know where to shop and save this kind of money. We keep my eyes and ears open and use our Common Sense. The same common sense we apply to everything in our lives.

There's no difference between strip malls of any era. You're confusing shopping centers, which are anchored by one or more major retailers, with strip malls that aren't. In either case, neither of these will have the draw of a WalMart Supercenter. I live near four shopping centers that are anchored by one or more grocery stores (one is anchored by a grocery store and a Target store) and none of them have the traffic flow of the Supercenter.

As for your out-of-county shopping expertise, I thank you for making my original point. Granted it may not be as convenient for you to go out-of-county to save some money, but the fact that you are doing it shows that CC residents do have the ability to save money. I'm assuming you wouldn't be going to the effort to go to these places if you weren't. So the commissioners indeed made the right choice. You, and the other residents of CC do have discount vendors available to you (granted on an out-of-county basis) so there wasn't a very pressing need for another vendor inside the county... at least not a need that would outweigh all the added congestion problems that would have ensued.

R

residentofcre

Charles said:
Who is Frank Larson? Is he running for office?

Frank Larson is a resident of Calvert County who has been publishing letters to the editor in the Recorder for months about the elections. The last one that was published said that he was going to list his endorsements... then the Recorder didn't publish it.

I contacted him and got a copy, and permission to post it here, so that those of us who follow the letters to the editor could see it...

juliusb

threads of a different color:
Letter to the Editor:

Endorsements: My Choices of those being offered

I have written "letters to the editor" quite frequently since the beginning of this year. Most of those letters were printed, especially those I sent to the Calvert Recorder. My thanks go out to those newspapers that allowed me to express my views and opinions over the past few years. My concerns have always been the lower & middle income families of Calvert county and how best to serve them, as they are in the majority segment of our total citizenry.

This year, 2006, being an election year, was the time to step forward and let our people have a view from another angle, when reading or talking about our Local Political Leaders and their actions on different issues.

In 2002 I witnessed our newly elected Calvert County Board of Commissioners taking the path of total control over our citizens. It is my opinion that from the outset, these 5 individuals (4 republicans and 1 democrat) established themselves as a board that would govern Calvert county in a way that they felt was best for the people. In other words, the peoples voices were never hear by this board. During all meetings and forums in the past 4 years, those officials that were present, didn’t want to hear you. The only reason they were present was they didn’t have a choice. The only reason you could speak at all was because it’s the law. Still, they would cut you off. You have heard me say that many times.

During the past 4 years the CCBC hasn’t accomplished anything that would be meaningful, helpful or otherwise encouraging for our lower & middle income families. Our citizens need services and everyday products here at home that are available elsewhere (out of county) at a reasonable price. Not having this for our citizens is no only a burden for many, but becomes too costly for them to travel to get those essential items they need for everyday living at a savings. Cost of gasoline, fuel for heating and electricity has gone through the roof. Outrageous Property taxes, that the CCBC was in a position to balance out for our citizens, didn’t take place.

Citizens of Calvert county, this CCBC, when in a position to provide help for you, instead, have always given you an excuse. One of the definitions for the word "EXCUSE" is to be released from an obligation. So, allow me to rephrase something for you.

Our CCBC had an opportunity to allow Wal-Mart to enlarge to a super store on their own property in Prince Frederick, which would have been of tremendous benefit for all our citizens, but elected to use "Route 4" as an excuse to relieve themselves of the obligation that would have helped you and your family.

Had the CCBC allowed the Wal-Mart Super Store, "Route 4" would have become a challenge. Isn’t that a big part of the CCBC’s job??? Challenges are to be met ... not feared. It has always been and always will be a challenge for those elected officials to provide for their people. As it has been all through history, it was part of their job to honor that commitment to the people and they failed. When the CCBC sets their own agenda and not an agenda for the people, it’s always the people that lose.

Everything I have said and written since early in 2002, I stand by. I feel we have an opportunity to help most of the citizens of Calvert county, especially the lower and middle income families. The opportunity for Calvert county lies in the outcome of this years elections. To that end, and for the benefit of those that have followed my line of thinking during the past 4 years, I endorse the following candidates in the upcoming primary election.

For Calvert County Commissioners: Bernie Nutwell (D), Becky Tice (R), Barbara A. Stinnett (D), Mark Frazer (D) and V. Charles Donnelly (D).

For Delegate: Sue Kullen (D). For Sheriff: Mike Evans (R).

The above positions are the ones that have the greatest effect on how well we live and prosper as a county and therefore are the only ones I have considered for endorsement at this time.

You must give credit where credit is due and credit is due our delegate, Sue Kullens. She has illustrated to the entire state of Maryland that she is very capable of doing her job. She has demonstrated to her people that she does her job with them in mind. She has only been our delegate for a short time, starting with no

experience, but look at her accomplishments and willingness to continue to work for her people. It is impossible to ask for anyone better ... so ... why change when you already have a winner.

It is always better to vote for a newcomer (someone you do not know) rather than to vote for an incumbent that has done nothing to help you. And that thought is incorporated in my above list of endorsements.

P/S

There are bold posters everywhere that read ... HALE YES
I would like to respond with the following:

SUE or go to Hale . (go to Hale and visit the real devil) . your choice!

(if one thing can be implied ... so can the other)

(Hale's implications on his signs are clear and so is mine).

Just felt obligated to up-date this letter for those who agree with me. Those that know me have been calling and thanking me for these posts. I let everyone know that Becky Tice helped get me going with this. Thanks Becky.

Tomorrow will let me know if my efforts become a payoff our lower income citizens.

Rome wasn't built in a day, neither were the hardships placed on a lot of our citizens by the present board of county commissioners and to straighten their mess out is going to take time.

Calvert is on the operation table in serious condition and we all know new blood will go a long way towards Calvert's recovery.

Your vote tomorrow to replace all county commissioners will provide all the blood that's needed. Let me take the time now to thank those who step forward with their donation of their (blood) vote.

Frank J. Larson

Thank you Mr. Larson....[/QUOTE]

MMDad

Lem Putt
juliusb said:
threads of a different color:
Letter to the Editor:
Just felt obligated to up-date this letter for those who agree with me. Those that know me have been calling and thanking me for these posts. I let everyone know that Becky Tice helped get me going with this. Thanks Becky.
Maybe I won't vote for Becky after all. If the King of the ignorant endorses her, maybe she is the wrong choice.

Becky, are you sure you want this idiot throwing your name around?

R

residentofcre

MMDad said:
Maybe I won't vote for Becky after all. If the King of the ignorant endorses her, maybe she is the wrong choice.

Becky, are you sure you want this idiot throwing your name around?

I am really surprised that you would say that. We have been discussing the issues in these forums since January. The people on this forum have been a great source of information and education for me. I've said this all before.

I brought Mr. Larson to these forums because the Recorder would not publish his letters to the editor. He deserves the freedom to express his opinions just like the rest of us and I introduced him to the forums. There are a lot of people who read his letters to the editor and this is a whole new group of people to introduce to you, the intelligent, outspoken people I have met through these forums.

I was surprised to see that he would endorse me but maybe it's because I say I am going to do something and then I do it. I stood up for the light at Appeal Lane I stood up about the Traffic Flow in Lusby. I stood up for the Village Green in Lusby because it was sold to us as a family friendly green town center. This is a Republican who is upset with the commissioners on the Board and he only supported one Republican. Maybe it's because of my record of standing up for what is right even when it's not politically correct.

I hope to hear from you soon.... You've made quite an impression on me you know....

MMDad

Lem Putt
residentofcre said:
I am really surprised that you would say that. We have been discussing the issues in these forums since January. The people on this forum have been a great source of information and education for me. I've said this all before.

I brought Mr. Larson to these forums because the Recorder would not publish his letters to the editor. He deserves the freedom to express his opinions just like the rest of us and I introduced him to the forums. There are a lot of people who read his letters to the editor and this is a whole new group of people to introduce to you, the intelligent, outspoken people I have met through these forums.

I was surprised to see that he would endorse me but maybe it's because I say I am going to do something and then I do it. I stood up for the light at Appeal Lane I stood up about the Traffic Flow in Lusby. I stood up for the Village Green in Lusby because it was sold to us as a family friendly green town center. This is a Republican who is upset with the commissioners on the Board and he only supported one Republican. Maybe it's because of my record of standing up for what is right even when it's not politically correct.

I hope to hear from you soon.... You've made quite an impression on me you know....
Don't worry - one whacko posting on this board is not going to change my vote.

He doesn't seem to be very coherent with his arguments, and he has no desire to be accurate. His opinions will have no effect on me because I have no respect for him.

Good luck tomorrow, Becky!

R

residentofcre

Now... go back and have another discussion with your wife and add my name after Clark's.... :howdy:

Agee

residentofcre said:
If they sell it to the people as green and family friendly... then that is what is will be.... If they sell it as a Mega Store metroloplis and the people love the idea.... then that it what it will be....

What bothers me is when they sell us a strip mall disguised as a green family friendly neighborhood town center!

Funny, that's exactly what makes "they" so good. Full of disquises and surprises. Want my vote, look a little closer... :patriot:

R

residentofcre

Airgasm said:
Funny, that's exactly what makes "they" so good. Full of disquises and surprises. Want my vote, look a little closer... :patriot:

That's exactly why I want to be on the BOCC... I will do my homework. They had memos too.... telling them the text didn't match the pictures or the maps... they let it go through with the parkway moved, that changed everything....

I'm the one that found the change in the plan and brought it to everyone's attention but the BOCC voted it through...

:coffee: