Freakin' Spyware &%$&@*^##!

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Can somebody please point me in the direction of a reputable Spyware s/w that I can d/l for a quick scan and clean? Everytime I log on to the Internet, another page pops up seconds later. It's the same home page but the title bar reads "Brought to you by 800 search assistant" or something like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd do a search on Spyware, but I want to make sure I'm not downloading any malicious s/w. Please help!:cussing:

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by ememdee19
Can somebody please point me in the direction of a reputable Spyware s/w that I can d/l for a quick scan and clean? Everytime I log on to the Internet, another page pops up seconds later. It's the same home page but the title bar reads "Brought to you by 800 search assistant" or something like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd do a search on Spyware, but I want to make sure I'm not downloading any malicious s/w. Please help!:cussing:

delete the files in your history folder, temp internet files, and all your cookies and see if that works...

Danzig

Thank you! :kiss:

Scanning as we speak!

Did you search and DOWNLOAD ALL updates?

Don't delete ALL cookies 'some are good' spybot will delete the bad cookies.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Originally posted by Danzig
Did you search and DOWNLOAD ALL updates?

Don't delete ALL cookies 'some are good' spybot will delete the bad cookies.

Sure did!

How often does your system need to scanned and immunized?

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Another tech question...

How do I remove programs on start up? I have all these extras that I don't want on auto start.

Danzig

Another tech question...

How do I remove programs on start up? I have all these extras that I don't want on auto start.

ME
XP
?

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
So, I tried to reset my homepage (iWon.com) and it informed me that it was a restricted site and could probably cause damage. Would you recommend that I keep it restricted?
*probably one of my problems in the first place :blushing:*

Danzig

Another tech question...

Open the Run box by clicking start --> Run.
Type msconfig and hit enter.
Click the Startup tab.
uncheck what you don't want to run.

Danzig

So, I tried to reset my homepage (iWon.com) and it informed me that it was a restricted site and could probably cause damage. Would you recommend that I keep it restricted?
*probably one of my problems in the first place :blushing:*

Up to you. Do you like it? I would dump it and go with another start page. try refdesk or cnn or google or ??????

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Open the Run box by clicking start --> Run.
Type msconfig and hit enter.
Click the Startup tab.
uncheck what you don't want to run.

Thanks again. :yay:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Just don't dick it up too bad.

If you don't know what something is ASK, you may need it.

Trust me. I kept my hands off of the files, etc. that didn't make any sense to me.

C

czygvtwkr

www.spywareinfo.com has an online spyware detector/remover and it works better than any other program that I have tried.

I use it once a week to make sure Im clean.