Fred's Outdoors Was Robbed

DaSDGuy

glhs837

Power with Control
Same thing happened at JMJ Firearms in Mechanicsville in the fall of 2020.

Yep, MO is the same, get through the wall/door, smash the glass case with the handguns, grab them and leave. SImple sheet metal shields over that glass would have slowed them down enough that they didn't even get 10, most likely. When it takes minutes to defeat it, and you only have minutes, then you are done and you get nothing.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Yep, MO is the same, get through the wall/door, smash the glass case with the handguns, grab them and leave. SImple sheet metal shields over that glass would have slowed them down enough that they didn't even get 10, most likely. When it takes minutes to defeat it, and you only have minutes, then you are done and you get nothing.
With the scarcity of handguns nowadays, low inventory and less to put in a safe, I'm betting that it was only rifles taken. Heck, just stop by the Tackle Box. They hardly have any handgun inventory.

glhs837

Power with Control
If I may ...

With the scarcity of handguns nowadays, low inventory and less to put in a safe, I'm betting that it was only rifles taken. Heck, just stop by the Tackle Box. They hardly have any handgun inventory.

I don't think there's a scarcity of handguns like there is for AR-15s. Big Dogs didnt seem to have a lck the other week when I was in there. Last I checked, nobody was putting handguns in a safe overnight. They count on the stores security to keep them safe. Gilligan and I went through this last time the Tackle Box got ripped off.

jrt_ms1995

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
"... were able to steal nearly 10 firearms sold ..." How do you steal nearly 10? If they stole 9 they stole 9, if they stole 11 they stole 11, and if they stole 10 then that's 10. "Nearly" 10 would be 9.8 or 10.3.
I agree. Nearly 100 would work, nearly 10, not so much. It shows what kind of brain power the press has these days.

GregV814

It seems reasonable to me, that with patrol technology and some fortitude, Patrol officers might check on businesses in shopping centers, after mid-night, frequently, especially GUN SHOPS. RT. 301/5 is as busy corridor as Las Vegas. Fred's is visible for blocks and with lighting should stand out.
Now think about it. It was either very brazen to even consider this, or , the Sheriffs and Troopers on that shift were undermanned or diverted away. I think its bigger than some crasyazz hillbillies in a drunken ( spontaneous ) episode of "The Smoking Gun's criminals" on television. Has the Democratic Party hired thugs and thugettes to commit these acts?

Shazzzzam, March 4th is almost here.....

Last edited:

ShyGirl

"... were able to steal nearly 10 firearms sold ..." How do you steal nearly 10? If they stole 9 they stole 9, if they stole 11 they stole 11, and if they stole 10 then that's 10. "Nearly" 10 would be 9.8 or 10.3.
Maybe they took the lower receiver of a rifle. It is not a complete firearm.

Hijinx

From the video it appears they did not ram the doors they somehow hooked onto them and pulled them off. Those steel post filled with concrete outside pretty much prevents ramming.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The only thing that might stop it will be a half-dozen rifles, shotguns and handguns unloading on them when they make the attempt.
Something kinda like this at a concealed carry class? Maybe he thought it was a "Screwdriver" concealed carry course?