Free at-⁠home COVID-⁠19 tests: Ordering begins January 19

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
Every home in the U.S. can soon order 4 free at-⁠home COVID-⁠19 tests. The tests will be completely free—there are no shipping costs and you don’t need to enter a credit card number.

Ordering begins January 19.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
They had a soft opening of the site today. Easy to use interface. Now we'll see how long it takes to get them sent out.

They had a soft opening of the site today. Easy to use interface. Now we'll see how long it takes to get them sent out.
Interestingly enough... one of the latest emails from my squadron leadership said at home test do not count for being considered truly negative.

rio

Interestingly enough... one of the latest emails from my squadron leadership said at home test do not count for being considered truly negative.
That's funny. I have a friend who was positive by the home test, negative on the lab test, taken on the same day. What would they do then, I wonder?

Bare-ya-cuda

Why don’t they just send one to every home in America? Why have people order from usps when they can just drop them in everyone’s mailbox during normal delivery. Would have save millions of dollars in website development, maintenance and processing.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I hate to be cynical, but I just have to shake my head at the gov't waste in this. How much did it cost the taxpayer to build this website? How much is it going to cost the taxpayer to manage and administer this effort? If you want to provide "free" test kits, fine. Just deliver them all to the post offices and have the mailman/woman drop 4 test kits in every mailbox? I mean come on.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Why don’t they just send one to every home in America? Why have people order from usps when they can just drop them in everyone’s mailbox during normal delivery. Would have save millions of dollars in website development, maintenance and processing.
I have no idea, but I have some ideas; shore up the USPS with this gimmick is one.

GoodnessME

Job creation....someone had to develop the program...someone has monitor the site...plus there is the postage the PO gets...

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
The big wigs/bean counters at the USPS may be celebrating.

The employees that have to deliver these are not happy. Having them addressed is cheaper for the shipper, much more painful for the delivery people.

Louise

The tests are from China. Pure poison. No, thank you. I will pass. What a joke and waste of money. Not surprised at all. God bless the USA.

black dog

Free America
The tests are from China. Pure poison. No, thank you. I will pass. What a joke and waste of money. Not surprised at all. God bless the USA.

Attachments

• images (8).jpeg
    images (8).jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 72

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I received mine on Saturday 2/19/2022 I also got notifications it was coming on 2/22/2022, then another that it was coming on Saturday instead.