Free Belgians

Stovebolt

I need some help finding a good new home for my boys -- a matched pair of 18h-plus late-teens Belgians who are in excellent health, drive very well and are parade broke. They are NOT pullers and I will not give them to anyone interested in pulling contests. They are experienced show and parade wagon pullers.

More details if interested. Suffice it to say, they are a great team, gentle and will teach you to drive if you want to learn (I can help, too). They are just going to waste here and need a better horse daddy than me.

I have decent harness and nearly new collars to go with them (not free but we can haggle :) )

They are located in St. Mary's County. They are NOT rideable (They don't know what to do...). They can drive single.

Please email me at editor@stovebolt.com

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Good luck maybe someone that does weddings etc would be interested in them..I had one draft one time..for a few days..that was enough for me...good luck..

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
Stovebolt said:
I need some help finding a good new home for my boys -- a matched pair of 18h-plus late-teens Belgians who are in excellent health, drive very well and are parade broke. They are NOT pullers and I will not give them to anyone interested in pulling contests. They are experienced show and parade wagon pullers.

More details if interested. Suffice it to say, they are a great team, gentle and will teach you to drive if you want to learn (I can help, too). They are just going to waste here and need a better horse daddy than me.

I have decent harness and nearly new collars to go with them (not free but we can haggle :) )

They are located in St. Mary's County. They are NOT rideable (They don't know what to do...). They can drive single.

Please email me at editor@stovebolt.com

What do you have against horsepulling? In my opinion, its no different than people who are weight builders. Most of the horses we have had enjoy pulling. And those that don't, we sell to farms such as yours were they are better suited.

Anyway, good luck finding your horses a home. :huggy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
forever jewel said:
What do you have against horsepulling? In my opinion, its no different than people who are weight builders.

Even Arnie retired. :rolleyes: How long are they supposed to compete?

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
elaine said:
Even Arnie retired. :rolleyes: How long are they supposed to compete?

We don't make the horses pull until they die. Draft horses are usually retired around 12 or so, just because they are older and it is hard on them. They compete as long as they stay healthy and continue to enjoy it.

Stovebolt

Didn't mean to offend, just that my boys aren't suited for pulling contests.

They just need some nice, easy work -- They would be perfect for someone who wants to play with probably the best team of driving Belgians on the planet and learn how to drive, take the kids around the farm on a hayride every now and then (which is what I have been doing with them. But with my best horse helper grown up and gone and a new job that takes a lot of time, the boys have to go be someone else's dream team now.)

Thanks,
John

Cowgirl

forever jewel said:
We don't make the horses pull until they die. Draft horses are usually retired around 12 or so, just because they are older and it is hard on them. They compete as long as they stay healthy and continue to enjoy it.

Did you see where he said they were in their late teens?

MorganLover

why aren't they ridable? can't they be tought, even though they are older they seem quite enough. i love that breed too bad i don't have time for the pair