Free Bitting Seminar at Loville Leather

BrassieChic

Do you all hear that Dale Myler from "Myler Bits" will be at Loville Leather on September 26, at 6 p.m. and afterwards a Q & A session. :howdy:
Edelam (sp?) said to bring your own chair (byoc) since there may be standing room only.

Does anyone use this brand?
I'm checking into it for my new guy I just got. :howdy:

fredsaid2

BrassieChic said:
Do you all hear that Dale Myler from "Myler Bits" will be at Loville Leather on September 26, at 6 p.m. and afterwards a Q & A session. :howdy:
Edelam (sp?) said to bring your own chair (byoc) since there may be standing room only.

A lot of horses go really well in them, mine included. They're curved to accommodate the shape of the horse’s mouth. The eggbut snaffle I use has a roller in the center and the sides lift independently. Think french-link but covered. It keeps the center from pointing into their palate when you apply rein pressure. Myler has a 'try before you buy' policy that Elam participates in. We tried several before we settled on one. They are well worth looking into Myler bits Congrats on your new horse :smile:

BrassieChic

fredsaid2 said:
A lot of horses go really well in them, mine included. They're curved to accommodate the shape of the horse’s mouth. The eggbut snaffle I use has a roller in the center and the sides lift independently. Think french-link but covered. It keeps the center from pointing into their palate when you apply rein pressure. Myler has a 'try before you buy' policy that Elam participates in. We tried several before we settled on one. They are well worth looking into Myler bits Congrats on your new horse :smile:

That's what I've heard so I'm really interested in going. I don't care what the price is. If it's good for my horses mouth it's worth it! :howdy:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
BrassieChic said:

Do you know if Loveville Leather carries very many different kinds of DM bits? I think we need to get a new bit and real soon.......I was riding hubbies horse yesterday and the bit I was using is a reining bit, broken snaffle with a large brass roller and I think its called a Billy Allen. It has a chain that goes from the end of one shank to the other....so you would think it would stay in place. We are cantering along when he gives his head a good shake and next thing I know he is off and running. Thank God I could get somewhat of a one rein stop...more like a one rein up into the woods and stop. I looked down and he had flipped the bit upside down and the chain was across his nose. I still can not figure out how he managed that. Everytime I think I have seen every trick in the book....Eastwood starts a whole new chapter. :jameo:

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
mygoldnhorse said:
Do you know if Loveville Leather carries very many different kinds of DM bits? I think we need to get a new bit and real soon.......I was riding hubbies horse yesterday and the bit I was using is a reining bit, broken snaffle with a large brass roller and I think its called a Billy Allen. It has a chain that goes from the end of one shank to the other....so you would think it would stay in place. We are cantering along when he gives his head a good shake and next thing I know he is off and running. Thank God I could get somewhat of a one rein stop...more like a one rein up into the woods and stop. I looked down and he had flipped the bit upside down and the chain was across his nose. I still can not figure out how he managed that. Everytime I think I have seen every trick in the book....Eastwood starts a whole new chapter. :jameo:

They have a very wide assortment of the DM bits in the store. You will find them over toward the saddle pads and before you get to the blankets. :howdy:

BrassieChic

mygoldnhorse said:

The Myler Bitting System is based on different levels. Helps Overcome your horses resistance by "going soft" with the right kind of bit. One of the Questions Dale Myers asks is Does your horse resist his curent bit? And He answers by saying If so, your horse is not relaxed in the bridle. Therefore, your communication is ineffective. Learn to recognize the signs of resistance:

*Behind the bit
*Dropping a shoulder
*Inversion/above the bit
*Overaction Mouth
*Not stopping/running through the bit

With resistance, go softer, offering your horse a bit with fewer point of pressure. Here's a few suggestion for resistance:

For:
*Behind the bit - try a bit with less tongue pressure & possibly Independent Side Movement.
*Dropping a shoulder - select a bit which offers Independent Side Movement
*Inversion/above the bit - try a bit with tongue pressure and tongue relief
*Overaction Mouth - look for a bit which offers few point of pressure, especially tongue pressure
*Not stopping/running through the bit - consier a shank or como bit with leverage pressure and mouthpieces offereing some tongue, bar & palate
pressure

MB have several Como Bits! I'm sure there's one they would have to help with your horses issue. Best thing would be to check out the free seminar and chat with Dale after the session and tell him what your horse actions & reactions are & what you're using & what you've tried!

GOOD LUCK! :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mygoldnhorse said:
where's a camera when you need one? :lol:
Sorry we couldn't make the clearing thing yesterday we are doing our own clearing around here and when i have Rottncop's FULL attention on stuff here, i keep it :lol:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
happyappygirl said:
where's a camera when you need one? :lol:
Sorry we couldn't make the clearing thing yesterday we are doing our own clearing around here and when i have Rottncop's FULL attention on stuff here, i keep it :lol:
:howdy: Happyappygirl. A camera would come in handy, we could get some real good laughs out of my adventures...but you missed my best, it was at the May ride when we were haul ass'n on a trail when I yelled out to Plumloco that he missed the turn....when he stopped Mo on a dime. All I saw was this BIG WHITE ASS when mygoldnhorse slammed into it and I did a flip in the air and landed about 6 ft away. :killingme

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
BrassieChic said:
The Myler Bitting System is based on different levels. Helps Overcome your horses resistance by "going soft" with the right kind of bit. One of the Questions Dale Myers asks is Does your horse resist his curent bit? And He answers by saying If so, your horse is not relaxed in the bridle. Therefore, your communication is ineffective. Learn to recognize the signs of resistance:

*Behind the bit
*Dropping a shoulder
*Inversion/above the bit
*Overaction Mouth
*Not stopping/running through the bit

With resistance, go softer, offering your horse a bit with fewer point of pressure. Here's a few suggestion for resistance:

For:
*Behind the bit - try a bit with less tongue pressure & possibly Independent Side Movement.
*Dropping a shoulder - select a bit which offers Independent Side Movement
*Inversion/above the bit - try a bit with tongue pressure and tongue relief
*Overaction Mouth - look for a bit which offers few point of pressure, especially tongue pressure
*Not stopping/running through the bit - consier a shank or como bit with leverage pressure and mouthpieces offereing some tongue, bar & palate
pressure

MB have several Como Bits! I'm sure there's one they would have to help with your horses issue. Best thing would be to check out the free seminar and chat with Dale after the session and tell him what your horse actions & reactions are & what you're using & what you've tried!

GOOD LUCK! :howdy:

Thanks for all the info. We have a bit that is usually very effective on Eastwood, seems to be a model from the 1800's. Plumloco has welded it back together numerous times and it currently needs a repair.
The reining bit I used this past time out has long shanks but since it is broken/snaffle with the large roller in the middle this must make it ineffective in applying the pressure he needs to the bars. I think I will bring it to the seminar and maybe Dale has something simular to it that I could try. Thanks!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mygoldnhorse said:
:howdy: Happyappygirl. A camera would come in handy, we could get some real good laughs out of my adventures...but you missed my best, it was at the May ride when we were haul ass'n on a trail when I yelled out to Plumloco that he missed the turn....when he stopped Mo on a dime. All I saw was this BIG WHITE ASS when mygoldnhorse slammed into it and I did a flip in the air and landed about 6 ft away. :killingme
YOWZA!!! I came off like that once off that little POA I had, but it was my fault...i had the wrong saddle pad on her, little one needed her saddle pad, so i had put a slightly thinner one on the little witch, and she straight up bucked me off in an instant. That's the only time I've ever literally flown off a horse and it happened SO fast i didn't even realize i was flying off until i hit the ground!! MAN that hurt. I criied silently as i snatched her fat a$$ off that field, changed the saddle pad and let her have what's for :lol: the snotty little brat. I feel for ya. We just don't bounce like we used too do we?

BrassieChic

mygoldnhorse said:
Thanks for all the info. We have a bit that is usually very effective on Eastwood, seems to be a model from the 1800's. Plumloco has welded it back together numerous times and it currently needs a repair.
The reining bit I used this past time out has long shanks but since it is broken/snaffle with the large roller in the middle this must make it ineffective in applying the pressure he needs to the bars. I think I will bring it to the seminar and maybe Dale has something simular to it that I could try. Thanks!

Good Luck :flowers:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
BrassieChic said:
Good Luck :flowers:
I have been looking at the original bit and it has a bar with an upside down u, which applies the pressure that he needs. Hopefully I will be able to find a new model because this old one will get the job done, as long as it stays together... :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
happyappygirl said:
YOWZA!!! I came off like that once off that little POA I had, but it was my fault...i had the wrong saddle pad on her, little one needed her saddle pad, so i had put a slightly thinner one on the little witch, and she straight up bucked me off in an instant. That's the only time I've ever literally flown off a horse and it happened SO fast i didn't even realize i was flying off until i hit the ground!! MAN that hurt. I criied silently as i snatched her fat a$$ off that field, changed the saddle pad and let her have what's for :lol: the snotty little brat. I feel for ya. We just don't bounce like we used too do we?
I just realized i got some grey that said "you are so mean" for this comment....
guess she's never been purposfully tossed from the back of a speeding horse, that chubby little witch is lucky all she got was some wet saddle pad time for trying to kill me - keeper of all things good, grain, hay, peppermint treats.... :lol:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mygoldnhorse said:
I have been looking at the original bit and it has a bar with an upside down u, which applies the pressure that he needs. Hopefully I will be able to find a new model because this old one will get the job done, as long as it stays together... :lmao:
MGH RC made me feel so silly when i told him your story about the shanks for that bit you had on Eastwood ended up over his nose. He said "Honey" the shanks just flipped up and over the top of his nose when he tossed his head up and down, he didn't spin the bit around" then he just shook his head and walked away from me laughing....:lol: figures he'd see it as simple logic and i saw it as an awesome trick of Eastwoood's tongue....i like my version better.