free goat

bosox

This is crazy...but I gotta do this. I have a goat that my daughter got about a year ago. We had another goat that we just adored that died and she got this goat to replace the other goat? (Follow?)

This goat is not a problem goat...but just a goat. THe first goat was like a dog. He followed us, sat in our lap, waited for us on our porch if we were inside. He just wanted to be w/us. This new goat--well...we just don't "love" him. If I send him back to the breeder--he will go to slaughter. I do love him enough to find him a good home where he can live out his days. He is great with horses. He does jump up and try to play w/you but doesn't butt or hurt you.

Any takers? The summer is busy and we won't have any time for him. I finally convinced my daughter this was the right thing to do...

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Goat and old horses love each other! We have a goat with similiar circumstances, and the goat isn't friendly. It kept excaping from the pen to go hang out with the old horse. Where the horse goes, the goat goes. We now like the goat again because its a cute relationship. So anyone out there with an old horse that needs a companion, a goat is great!

devinej

yes i second the old horse companion. my parents have a couple goats and they follow their horse around like little babies. so cute. keeps the horse company...sometimes they go on trail rides too lol

Robin

I had a pygmy goat that had a love hate relationship with my big mare. They worked it out on day and the goat won. They slept in the stall together. Funniest thing you ever saw. They both would squeeze through the stall door together, but looked out for each other. :killingme They were a funny pair.

bosox

He is a wether. I have heard some crazy stories about wethers. He doesnt do anything bad or gross. He is just a plain old goat. (IDK but I think someone told me that wethers like to spit or pee everywhere? he does nothing of the sort)

Nubian/Boar mix I think, He is white w/a brown head. Long floppy ears--about 1 year old. He is very cute and about 50 lbs.

Cowgirl

He is a wether. I have heard some crazy stories about wethers. He doesnt do anything bad or gross. He is just a plain old goat. (IDK but I think someone told me that wethers like to spit or pee everywhere? he does nothing of the sort)

Nubian/Boar mix I think, He is white w/a brown head. Long floppy ears--about 1 year old. He is very cute and about 50 lbs.

Bucks are the nasty ones. Wethers are very nice.

L

luckystar

Aw, I've wanted a goat for a while, but I'd have no place to put one. One day.

They're just so sweet. I'll keep in mind to stay away from Bucks.

jwilley

Walker
I had a pygmy goat that had a love hate relationship with my big mare. They worked it out on day and the goat won. They slept in the stall together. Funniest thing you ever saw. They both would squeeze through the stall door together, but looked out for each other. :killingme They were a funny pair.

I miss that little OREO cookie!!!:howdy:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Ya think? If it doesn't fall over, I don't want it. :killingme

That is funny my husband wants a falling down pygmy goat. Goat like weeds. I have weeds. I like goats. You are too far for me though. My horses are my grass mowers. Now I need some weed wackers!:jameo:

fredsaid2

That is funny my husband wants a falling down pygmy goat. Goat like weeds. I have weeds. I like goats. You are too far for me though. My horses are my grass mowers. Now I need some weed wackers!:jameo:

I've been looking at Fainting goats. Hubby says NO, but he may relent if he sees how cute they are.