Free Horse?

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Someone is looking for a free horse in the classifieds.
WANTED:
child proof trail riding horse for my 5 & 4 yr. old daughters!
:whistle:

covekat

I dont think it's an unusual request given the state of the horse market/economy right now. Lots of horses for sale cheap or free...aged horses and ponies looking for good homes are becoming pretty common. Who knows? Could be doing the people that own the horse, and the horse a huge favor right now.

I'm sure the OP understands there is never anything really free about a horse, besides his price...:eyebrow:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I dont think it's an unusual request given the state of the horse market/economy right now. Lots of horses for sale cheap or free...aged horses and ponies looking for good homes are becoming pretty common. Who knows? Could be doing the people that own the horse, and the horse a huge favor right now.

I'm sure the OP understands there is never anything really free about a horse, besides his price...:eyebrow:

I understand that for sure.

BUT:
Child Proof vs. Child Safe
:lmao:

I wonder what they mean by that?

Last edited:

DFSquare

OK, I want 3 of those and then some place free to keep them that is clean, healthy and safe. Oh, full board please. :yahoo:

But yes, I too understand that many horses are needing new homes due to economics. I suppose you ask for the moon and negotiate from there? She may find some great gentle ponies. You never know.

fredsaid2

There is a Giveaways section under COTH classifieds. Many horses available; some w/ stated issues, some supposedly sound.

Free board? Now you are dreaming..... :lol:

ElliesMom

I didnt say it doesnt happed, I said it generally doesnt happen.

I got a *perfect* "free" horse.

Good luck to you, but that whole ad has a couple red flags.

DFSquare

I didnt say it doesnt happed, I said it generally doesnt happen.

I got a *perfect* "free" horse.

Good luck to you, but that whole ad has a couple red flags.

I was a little taken back that the ad said they had let their other horses go because they were for mature riders.

Makes me wonder, but then, I try not to read into anything as I don't know the person posting the ad or their situation. But I agree with ElliesMom & Country that the ad did make me feel odd.