Free horses

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
there is an ad under Free Merchandise for 2 free horses. Person says they lost their job and cant keep. Thought Id pass it on.

G-Diddy

baileydog said:
there is an ad under Free Merchandise for 2 free horses. Person says they lost their job and cant keep. Thought Id pass it on.

There's no such thing as a free horse :coffee:

mingiz

Horse Poor
There are such things as free horses. I had a Qh gelding given to me that I rode for 8 yrs. Some people run into hardships and rather than send thier animals to auction they would rather find good homes for them. Everything is n't always about money. They may be perfectly good horses. JMO

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
G-Diddy said:
There's no such thing as a free horse :coffee:

all I know is that alot of people on here love horses and want to make sure they are safe. Saw two that need a home, just putting it out here.

mingiz

Horse Poor
baileydog said:
all I know is that alot of people on here love horses and want to make sure they are safe. Saw two that need a home, just putting it out here.

And thank you for doing so :howdy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
That is the sway backed mare we got from New Holland a few years ago for $25 and an ancent old skinny gelding that will cost someone ALOT to feed..The owner has had hard times for awhile and lost the farm she was boarding them at they are now in a small paddock in a trailer park..she has decided to let them go to someone that can care for them..she is doing the right thing for the horses and should be backed.. :huggy:

bhoffman

??

is she giving them away seperate or togeather do you know? we only need one but paso do you think the gelding would make a good trail horse for my mom who hasnt ridden a whole lot?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
bhoffman said:
is she giving them away seperate or togeather do you know? we only need one but paso do you think the gelding would make a good trail horse for my mom who hasnt ridden a whole lot?

Can your mom carry him on her back? :lmao:

mingiz

Horse Poor
bhoffman said:

Ive got nice mom's horse here until Sunday.She is a palomino/white SSH/TWH. Very nice slow pace type horse.Perfect for beginners and never in a hurry. Just not what I want, she'll be going back to Ohio on sunday.... :howdy:

G-Diddy

baileydog said:

Not trying to stir anything up. i happen to love horse as well. Otherwise I wouldn't have 2 geriatric lawn oraments living at my place. I just wanted newbie to know that even a "free" horse has costs like feed, vet bills, farrier, equipment, fencing, etc.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
G-Diddy said:
Not trying to stir anything up. i happen to love horse as well. Otherwise I wouldn't have 2 geriatric lawn oraments living at my place. I just wanted newbie to know that even a "free" horse has costs like feed, vet bills, farrier, equipment, fencing, etc.
$150-$200/mo. feed, hay,farrier,worming, fly spray (minimum) at your own home all ready prepared for a horse.

Robin

If there are any folks out there just looking for a decent horse as a companion
either one of these will do. The mare is a nice mare sweet younger of the 2. as Paso said a sway back from conformation faults. The gelding is a senior upper 20s I believe but a nice fellow. I have boarded my guys at the same big farm for a few months with these guys. Both are very easy to get along with ground wise neither have been riden for some time. BIG PETS. what is just one more

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Mare was placed locally ...gelding is going to VA...gelding would be EXPENSIVE to keep..cheaper to buy a "good" horse...cold but true..he is a money pit..with not much reward..

eazyevans

Paso, I totally get your point but you know horse folk come in all shapes and sizes. There are a few that are perfectly content to give a horse a home, spending a fortune in groceries, supplements, vet bills, and growing a few extra grey hairs in return for nothing more then a nicker or the pleasure of watching them graze while they drink their morning coffee.

"Every horse is good for something"

Loper

Animal Poor!
mingiz said:
Ive got nice mom's horse here until Sunday.She is a palomino/white SSH/TWH. Very nice slow pace type horse.Perfect for beginners and never in a hurry. Just not what I want, she'll be going back to Ohio on sunday.... :howdy:

:howdy: Mingiz,
Just out of curiosity, what are they asking for her?

W

WhoCares

Loper said:
:howdy: Mingiz,
Just out of curiosity, what are they asking for her?

You don't need another horse

:huggy:

I have to tell myself that all the time that I don't need another horse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
eazyevans said:
Paso, I totally get your point but you know horse folk come in all shapes and sizes. There are a few that are perfectly content to give a horse a home, spending a fortune in groceries, supplements, vet bills, and growing a few extra grey hairs in return for nothing more then a nicker or the pleasure of watching them graze while they drink their morning coffee.

"Every horse is good for something"

Yep.......those are great hearted peeps too...