Free Lease on Made Show Hunter

Faircourt

I have an absolutely lovely made show hunter available for free lease in Southern Maryland.

The Good:

16.1 Hands, extremely pretty, lovely mover, completely made with extensive rated show miles and wins. Showed and did well in the pre-greens (pro ride) as well as the pre-adults with a very green rider. She knows her job, has no stop, easy changes and will basically jump a course with a monkey riding her. Was leased out in 2010 to a 12 year old and took her from 2'6" to 3' and gave her all the confidence in the world to move up. This is an awesome mare. Needs very minimal prep before ring time, usually none. She knows her job and exactly how to do it.

The Bad:

Has intermittent lameness issues that despite being examined by some of the best vets in the country have never been completely resolved. She can be absolutely fine for months, then be lame, or start out a ride with some stiffness and work right out of it. For that reason, I don't feel at all comfortable leasing her as an upper level show horse, but feel completely comfortable leasing her to a junior or adult rider either looking for a "practice" mount or as a low level show horse for someone looking to show (and definitely win) locally in the pleasure and lower level hunter classes. She had no problems in 2010 when leased to the 12 year old, but just could not move up to three foot on a regular basis. I'd really prefer that she go to a rider looking to jump no more than 2 foot, possibly 2'6" at shows and someone looking to ride maybe 3-4 times a week as opposed to someone looking to ride for an hour every single day. I'd prefer an intermediate rider as while she is a very easy ride, I don't know that she'd enjoy a beginner's hands or heels jabbing at her as they are learning as she occasionally remembers that she is a red headed mare :killingme She does go in shoes in the front. I would not consider leasing her if I thought that she was in pain, if anything, there just appears to be a problem when she jumps the higher heights.

This is an awesome mare that is a lot of fun to ride and show. I'd actually planned to just breed her this year but I've decided to only breed one (an older pony that i may not have the chance to breed again) and I hate to see her standing around when she has so much to offer someone who may not have the opportunity to ride something with her training and experience. I wish I had the time to show her myself as I originally bought her as a confidence builder for me but with six sales ponies to break and train in the spring, she's definitely on the back burner. Hoping I can find a rider who just enjoys the occasional show and a nice horse to learn on/enjoy.

She is currently located in Brandywine, Maryland. I would like her to stay in the tri-county are so that I can keep track of her and make sure she is okay.

Please feel free to contact me for video, pictures and more information.

faircourthunterponies at yahoo