Free or low cost addoption

Butterflygirl

I am looking for a percheron to use for fun trail riding. I am an experienced rider and would give this horse a geat loving home with another mare percheron as a buddy!!!Would like a gelding, but beggers cannot be choosers huh? If you know of anyone who is looking for a good home for thier horse please let me know.
I wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMASS and a BLESSED NEW YEAR

Finofan

Here there and everywhere
Go to New Holland any monday and get one out of the killer pen for $250 good luck..

Cowgirl

One thing to think about is the high cost of feed right now. A percheron eats lots of it.... The purchase price is often the cheapest part of the horse. Just make sure you don't get in a sticky situation where you can't afford to properly care for your horse.

ElliesMom

Phyxius, what does that mean, or am I stupid again and its the name of a horse?

Dont forget the massivly crazy hay shortage right now, best advice, if your trying to get a new or first horse, be careful in the winter and make sure you can feed it!!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
I am looking for a percheron to use for fun trail riding. I am an experienced rider and would give this horse a geat loving home with another mare percheron as a buddy!!!Would like a gelding, but beggers cannot be choosers huh? If you know of anyone who is looking for a good home for thier horse please let me know.

Elle at Horse net rescue had a big gelding, actually two. One named Bob and the other Jake. They may still be around or perhaps she has others. Try her out...:howdy:

Butterflygirl

Thank you for your imput... they eat lots of hay, not as much feed.. I have one already and she is a very easy keeper. Have a Merry Chrismas & A Blessed New Year..

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Buyer beware! Sometimes they're there for a reason.

Yes, it is buyer beware, but I was referring more to the rescue. I would only go to them if A) you go in knowing they don't know what they're talking about B) you quarantine your new horse and get it vet checked immediatley and C) you have a warm heart and a big pocketbook.

A friend of mine from New England recently rescued a clydesdale mare from them who was in worse shape than when she arrived and was promptly treated to an over $800 vet bill. She's still on the road to recovery but has improved immensely in a short period of time. She may or may not ever be sound for work though she was "adopted" as sound and healthy.

I also know people who adopted a navicular horse and a basically untrained one eyed horse to be riding horses for very novice people.

I'm all about rescues I just wished some did a better job. :coffee:

ElliesMom

Thank you for that, I have been watching the rescues, since I have only really had experience rescuing 1 horse I guess I have more to learn. thank you also for endorsing horse net, I have been watching them as well.

J and M

Gentle Giants Draft Horse Rescue

Draft Horse Rescue