Free school lunches this year

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Went to put money on my son's lunch account and saw that it showed no charges so far for purchasing lunch. I texted him and he said lunches are free. This is Calvert Co. Is St Mary's and/or Charles Co doing this too?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
They started it here this school year... #longexhale.....
I am surprised any public school would give anything away for free to the masses. They tend to really like getting money any way they can. I had to laugh when the school was trying to get people to buy yearbooks last year at full cost (almost $100). Needless to say, it was a hard pass for me/my son.

black dog

Free America
I am surprised any public school would give anything away for free to the masses. They tend to really like getting money any way they can. I had to laugh when the school was trying to get people to buy yearbooks last year at full cost (almost $100). Needless to say, it was a hard pass for me/my son.

Yep. Parents out here are this is great... They dont get it that we are still paying for it.
Its sad some parents are so lazy or inable to make or provide breakfast and lunch for there fooking children.
Constantly here on facebook parents are looking for free things for there kids, backpacks, pens, paper, crayon's and so on.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm surprised it took so long for schools to give out free lunches to all. The administration of their former CF must have been a nightmare - these kids pay in full, these ones get reduced, these get free.....then all that has to be tallied and accounted for.

I don't mind my tax dollars going to feed school children. I do mind providing the Taliban with weapons, and I mind funding the performing arts playgrounds of billionaires. There are a lot of things the government does with my tax money that pisses me right the **** off, but feeding kids isn't one of them.