free state riding club?

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
has any one gone to these shows? do you know if they do end of the year awards, or pay back, or just give ribbons? I'm thinking about going to these shows, they have speed classes, and i wanted to know if it is worth going to... thanks lots for any info!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Been a few years but it was year ends and ribbons...never joined for year ends as you have to volunteer so many hours and it was too far up the road..

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
I've been a member for a few years. Yes it is year end ribbons and you have to volunteer 4 hrs during the year for a single membership or 8 hrs for a family. They look for gate help, entry booth help, food booth help, etc. The speed classes are at the end of the day and that seems to be getting later all the time. It is mostly the same kids on their show horses running and I've only seen a few really serious speed horses. They didn't use timers last year - just a stopwatch. Very low key but very nice folks!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
flarenuphope said:
has any one gone to these shows? do you know if they do end of the year awards, or pay back, or just give ribbons? I'm thinking about going to these shows, they have speed classes, and i wanted to know if it is worth going to... thanks lots for any info!

I think that's the place Jen from Serenity goes and they love it..

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
HorseLady said:
I've been a member for a few years. Yes it is year end ribbons and you have to volunteer 4 hrs during the year for a single membership or 8 hrs for a family. They look for gate help, entry booth help, food booth help, etc. The speed classes are at the end of the day and that seems to be getting later all the time. It is mostly the same kids on their show horses running and I've only seen a few really serious speed horses. They didn't use timers last year - just a stopwatch. Very low key but very nice folks!
so they just give ribbons? no trophys, or prizes? maybe i'll go there to do some english classes, theres too many ppl at the mw shows for me to do english...

blueeyedangel

You get your typical first-sixth place ribbons at the show if you place in a class. If you place enough, obviously, you'll get year-end awards which can be a trophy for 1st place, and then oversized and pretty ribbons for 2-6th place. There's a nice banquet and awards ceremony where all of this is presented. In order to recieve year end awards, you must be a member in good standing, which means that you must have a Freestate membership and you must have volunteered at least 4 hours for a single person and 8 hours for a family.
It's a very low key and relaxed show, and I'm hoping to show this year but we'll see. I need a trailer first! :)
Also, during one month (can't remember which), they have medal classes - one for jumping and one for flat work.

Check out www.freestateridingclub.org and that will give you plenty of information. Good luck and hope to see you at the shows.

SerenitStables

Yes, this is where we go!!! I love them. My kids love them too!!! I am there secretary this year...fun stuff!!! :smile:

Yes, they have medal classes....2 of them in September. They don't jump in July or August, due to the heat.

If you need anything or have any ?s e-mail me or PM me.

SOMDRocks---check your PMs.
Blueeyedangel---If we have room on the trailer, I am willing to help you out.